Storm Rescue

A/N: This book was a request. I am also starting the book at this point because I want Alexis to already be at the Great Tree.

One evening as Alexis is flying with her adoptive parents Boron and Barron she soon notices the storm they are flying in is getting worse.

"Mother, father are you certain we should keep going? This storm looks like it's getting worse!" Alexis says as she is flying.

"It'll be alright dear. You were trained highly well." Boron says as he looks at Alexis.

"Yes father." Alexis says as she gives a nervous look at the storm around them.

"But just in case stay close. We don't need to get separated." Barran says as Alexis looks at her and flies closer.

"No problem. With a storm like this getting lost would be a fatal mistake." Alexis says.

*Timeskip*

After a while Alexis soon stops upon hearing something in the storm.

"Huh?" Alexis asks as her parents look at her.

"What's wrong?" Barran asks curiously.

"I hear something. It sounds like shouting! Follow me." Alexis says as she takes off flying with Barran and Boron.

"There!" Boron says as the group sees four owls in the distance struggling in the storm.

"Oh no." Alexis says as she sees one owl fall and another try to fly down to help only to get thrown out of whack by the wind.

"I'll get that brown one. You worry about the other Alexis." Barran says as she flies after the brown owl that fell first.

"I'll help the others." Boron says as he flies off before Alexis goes down to the water looking for the other owl.

"I don't see him. Oh I really don't like doing this." Alexis says as she realizes the owl must have fell in the water before shifting to wolf form in midair and diving into the water. As Alexis swims around she spots the owl before grabbing him and swimming over to a nearby rock to get out of the water. Alexis then quickly shifts back to owl form before grabbing the owl with her talons and taking off.

"Huh? Where am I?" The owl says while coughing as Alexis looks down at him.

"Are you alright?" Alexis asks worriedly.

"Yes but who are you?" The owl asks.

"Not important." Alexis says.

"Wait a second. Digger! He fell!" The owl shouts as he panics before Alexis tightens her grip to not drop him.

"Don't worry. He's safe. Look up." Alexis says as she and the owl look and see Barran holding the other owl in her talons before the owl notices Alexis and the other two owls have helmets on.

"Hey.. You three.. You're guardians." The owl says in surprise.

"Yes.. Can you fly with me? If so I'm going to let you go now." Alexis says as she looks down at the owl she is holding.

"I think I can." The owl says as Alexis lets him go.

"Good. Keep up now." Alexis says as the owl starts flying beside her.