𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸

I woke up around an hour later, still on the domain floor, with 3 small creatures with wings surrounding me. They were like... fairies, around the size of my hand. Or small angels, with their white feathery wings. 

「He's awake!」

「Ah, he is!」

「Good evening!」

"Ahh, hold on, don't yell in my ears... Ugh, this is exactly like a hangover..." I rubbed my temples, furrowing my eyebrows. 

「Sorry...」

「Are you okay?」

「Master overworked yourself after your re-awakening, so your mental and physical state may be a bit worn out.」

「Do you want me to heal you?」

When the ring in my ears settled down, I focused on the strange little things floating around me. "No, first, let's start with introductions, okay? Who the hell are you guys?? What's with the 'Master' title?"

「We're archangels!」

"What."

「Archangels!」

"No no, I get that part, but why (are you here). how (are you here). who (are you), why (in general). Wait, now that I look at you closer, you look like the angels I fought-!"

「Yeah, we are those guys! Now that Master proved his greatness, we're going to follow you forever, Master!」

"Uh, what?? Can you just label me as your owner after you tried to kill me? also, cut down on the 'Master' part, it's weird."

「Understood!」

「It was all planned and calculated, Master! You were never going to die, and even if you were to, we wouldn't allow it!」

"That somehow makes me feel worse." 'I have fooled all along, and yelled some embarrassing shit along the way? Of course, I'd feel horribly embarrassed.' I dug my face into my palms, ears tinted with colour.

「Oh... Sorry, master.」

「Ah~ but! Even in a harsh situation, Master never gave up because of someone he cared about. Ah, how romantic~」

"You..." I sigh. It seems like nothing would stop their loud mouths. "Alright. Tell me your names."

「I'm the archangel, Raphael! 」The chirpy one said, and the one who just made a comment about the one who I fought for.

「I'm Uriel!」The one who explained how I just got tricked, giggled and waved.

「Micheal here, Master!」Another stood up straight and placed his fist on his heart, with a big grin on his face.

I could already tell they'd be great companions... (sarcasm, sarcasm.)

"Your names sound awfully familiar to the 7 archangels... Oh, wait."

「Yep! We are them!」

"What the heeeeell—ck? Heck. I said heck. Ahem, nevertheless, what are the archangels doing here? And you're telling me I fought with all 7 of them, and somehow won? Something isn't right here."

「Well, we couldn't descend in our true forms, or else we'd get in big trouble from the order of this world. That means our fighting power has been restricted by a lot, but also because we didn't use our full power!」Uriel clarified.

"You have a knack for making me feel awfully weak." I curled up into a ball, comically crying.

「Ah, no, I didn't mean to, Master! I'm sorry!」

"It's fine... So where are the other 4?"

「Master isn't strong enough to command all 7 of us just yet, so they've retained the form of an egg for now!」He said and summoned 4 oblong objects the size of chicken eggs in my hands. I felt attacked once again. 'This Uriel, honestly....'

I looked at my palms, studying these eggs that all have a different shade of the colour white and cream. They almost seemed like snake eggs, since their shells were pure without a spot. "Why... an egg?"

「Symbolism of a new beginning! We have a new master, so it's better to start things fresh. You can also inject some mana into them every day, it'll speed up the process a bit!」