02:00

[will smith - because 5sauce]

You were holding hands with your ex-girlfriend. And it shouldn't have hurt, but it did. It hurt; not because I was a jealous girlfriend, but because you were ready to hold hands with her and you weren't with me.

I honestly wasn't the type of girl who was angered if her boyfriend hung out with their ex, but I wasn't one who could bear being betrayed either.

But I didn't walk out, no; I walked in, towards you and your ex. You looked like a perfect happy couple [happy if the bars weren't constricting you], and I doubted we'd ever looked like that.

When I reached you, you didn't even acknowledge my presence.

I knew you enough to know that your smile was fake, but not enough to understand why.

When I greeted you, you didn't look up. Your ex did.

She smiled at me, but for not one moment let her grip on your hand lose. I couldn't help but notice.

"Hey!" She said, her voice too cheerful to belong to someone visiting a person in a jail.

"Hello," I said. I couldn't bring myself to hate her, because honestly one of the nicest people I had come across. I was positive she wasn't letting go of your hand only because you were sad.

"Why are you here?" You asked rather rudely.

"Why are you talking to her like that?" Your ex frowned, then her eyes widened like she suddenly realised something. Dropping your hand, she moved away from the bars.

"I'm sorry," she started, "I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay," you cut her off, "we aren't together anymore."

I just wanted to understand why we weren't.