12:00

[artist recommendation: eleven past one]

It was another one of those days. One of those days where I wanted to jump off a cliff, just to see what it would feel like. But you wouldn't let me, and I didn't know whether I wanted to kill you or hug you.

You came around at 12:00 pm, a forlorn look on your face. I'd never seen you sad, so my instant reaction was to be nervous. What was it that was making you so numb, so miserable?

You approached me, and I stood up from my window seat. I smiled, because you were the only one who could make me smile. Had you wished at 11:11 for a miserable girl who felt numb all day, every day? Because I had certainly wished for someone that could make me happy, and it worked. I got you, and you made me smile like I'd just reached the moon.

I never wanted to let you go, and you promised you never would. So when I saw you walking towards me, your eyes brimming with unshed tears, my heart clenched. It didn't break, because I knew you wouldn't ever leave me.

"Hey," you said, "how are you?"

"Lovely." I replied, because that was the only way I felt around you.

"I need to tell you something," you said, and I shook. I feared it was what I thought.

"You're not leaving me, are you?" my voice sounded weak, desperate. But I didn't care, because that's how I felt.

"Listen, it's not what you think-"

"Then what is it?" I pressed. I wanted to be angry, but I couldn't be angered. Not around you.

"I can't keep up," was all you said.

"Keep up with what?"

"With this!" you said, waving your hand around as if that explained everything.

"Am I a burden for you?" I asked, because I didn't want to be one. I wanted you to stay because you loved me, not because I was a pity vote.

"It's not you, it's me," was the last thing you said before you turned around, gathered your things and walked out.

But I knew it was me, because you were perfect.

And I never should have let you go that easily, but I was running out of my 11:11.