15:00

["got a feeling that i'm going under, but i know that i'll make it out alive " - stitches, shawn mendes]

It had been an hour, and I'd cried. I had cried a lot. The sobs had raked through my body, making me as physically hollow as I was mentally. I'd fell down on the ground, my arms wound around my chest as I stared off into space. The tears hadn't stopped.

But then I had heard a shuffling of feet, one that was all too familiar in my mind. They were your worn up sneakers dragging against the grass. How could I forget, when I'd made fun of you several times?

But I couldn't bring myself to face you, not in the state I was. So I stumbled up; walked away. I dropped behind a bush, making sure you couldn't see me.

I saw you approaching, saw you collapse against a tree the same way that I did. Saw you slip down the same way that I did. You dropped your head into the inside of your palms, like it was a burden to hold yourself up. Slowly, but surely, your body started shaking.

You were crying, and it broke me more than it broke me when you left me several hours ago. I wanted to run to you, fold you in a hug, and keep you warm and safe just like you did.

"I hate myself," I heard you say to yourself. My chin trembled. I hated myself too, but I loved you.

Just then, your phone rung. It was Therapy by All Time Low, the same song we'd danced to. You pulled out your phone, stared at the screen, then picked up the call. Why did my call go to voicemail?

"I'm sorry, mom," I heard you say, "I am so sorry."

Whatever your mom said, made your hands shake. You then cut the line and scrolled down your phone. You pressed something and I heard my voice. I sounded miserable. I hope you forgave me.

"I love you," I heard my voice, cracked and nasally, "and I'm sorry."

I didn't have to apologise, but I don't think it was your fault. It had to be mine.

You played the voicemail again and again, and then you dropped your phone. You started crying, your face turned red. I started crying too, my palm pressed against my mouth to suppress my sobs.

"I love you, too." You said.

I hoped you meant it.