23:00

["in loops around the twisted shafts of lavender, they're crawling to the sun." - the eleven, grateful dead]

I was sitting on the floor of my bathroom, rocking back and forth silently.

It had been almost a year since my parents had died, but my house had never felt so empty, so hollow.

I could almost hear the ghosts of my house crawling out, whispering in my ear; could feel the skeletons in my closet revealing themselves, clawing down at their doors.

I couldn't sleep, no. I put on some music, but it didn't help. It couldn't because the voices were in my head, and how could a melody going in my ears possibly stop them?

I pulled out a book and started reading. It was a story but vampires, supernatural beings that disgusted me to no end. But I could somehow connect to the protagonist, and so I carried on reading.

As I kept reading, I realised just how dependant the protagonist was on her boyfriend. So much it made me gag.

I told myself that I didn't depend on you like the protagonist to her boyfriend, but who was I fooling?

I knew I looked at you at every point, every curve in my life and asked for guidance. But I didn't want to end up as the protagonist, helpless and weak when her boyfriend left her.

But what was the point, when I'd already ended up worse than her?

if you haven't realised, this story follows the 24-hour clock system. there are 12 more chapters to go, excluding the epilogue (hopefully)