27. Shaurya's naughtiness.

Mild Mature content at the end

At every step, life plays a game with us. We lose sometimes and sometimes we win. Even if we lose, we feel contented because we will be gaining something in return. This wedding is my victory or failure, still, there is a question. I battled at the end to cancel this wedding or not to hold any relationship with Shaurya, yet here I am with a new surname, Chauhan.  

Shaurya's fingers were intertwined with mine, he didn't leave them even for a second. My insecurity is punishing him, instead of accepting my fate, that I ended up with a rich guy in the end...I kept fighting with my destiny. I am not stubborn, I just don't want to accept things, how they are. 

 When he was underground for two weeks, my life turned upside down, I feared with a single thought, what if I don't meet him again? No! I don't want to undergo that feeling again. Though I will hate him through the whole of my heart, I want this stupid minaret to stay beside me.

I strengthened my grip, which attracted his attention to me. This thing, I really really hate in him.  His eyes are begging for my love and concern but how can I just forget the agony he gave to my heart?  

We remained on the stage and received the best wishes from the guests and relatives. Veer stood behind me, and helped me with people's biodata. Shaurya was beside me but his attention was on a call from Dharam. Tonight Dharam was given the responsibility to make sure my kidnapper shouldn't break through the wedding.  

"And here comes the Chauhan cousins." Two males and three females were climbing on stage when Veer began.  As per my knowledge, they were three male cousins and two females. Then how come three? One of them was in a wheelchair and got lifted with his chair by two guards and placed on the stage.

"Who is in the wheelchair?" I whisper-asked Veer. 

"Ashok Chauhan, an elder cousin of Shaurya. Basically, he is the right hand of Uncle Raman. Other than that Shaurya respects him a lot!" Veer informed me shortly. (Raman Chauhan, father of SHuarya. Commonly called Papi in the book by Shaurya and Saira.)

"Brother Ashok!" Shaurya leaned forward and hugged him. Then he looked at me with a broad smile, "Saira, this is brother Ashok, the elder one and also the most talented one..."

"Oh! Please, Shaurya, don't exaggerate, however, it doesn't matter now! Well, congratulations to you both!" 

"It matters and Papi still appreciates you and your hard work! And I wish you to stand independently as soon as possible and join Papi and me." 

"Well, that is depended on her!" The female who held his wheelchair handle blushed slightly, "Saira, meet Zainab, my caretaker, my physiotherapist, and also my personal assistant!" They shared a smile while narrating that said something was going on between them. "I feel lucky that I had this accident, or else I wouldn't have met such a perfect and talented person."

"Accident!" I repeated as a query.

"Yes, he met an accident a year ago. It was a hit-and-run case."

"Oh! I am sorry."

"Why are you sorry? Or should I suspect, it was you who is responsible for my accident?" He glanced at me for a second and his gaze was challenging to comprehend. 

I opened my mouth to speak out something cause the tension built between us suddenly changed the atmosphere. 

"Haha." Ashok Chauhan laughed. "Relax Saira, I was just jesting!" I smiled awkwardly.  Next, he introduced me to two females. Nitu and Ritu were from Shaurya's Aunt.

Next in line was Schlok Chauhan, Nitu and Ritu's brother. When I forwarded my hand for a shake. "This will not work. You have to hug me!" He demanded.

"She will not!" Shaurya declared with his disdainful attitude.