7. A mistake...

I had no idea where they are taking me with. The road, we were driving on was narrow, compressed on either side by stony cliffs.  I visited the store several times but never used or seen that road. The way was clear and isolated. No cars were passing through it. As there are no one even a bird to hear my screams, I kept silent.  

Meanwhile, what freaked me out was the knife, the one, that white mask goon pointed against my throat, is actively moving up and down because of the car getting hurled up and down on that uneven, muddy road. I gulped and stared at him. I had no idea what he looks like but his fingers are stubby and brown. I sat with him in the back seat. Apart from us, there was another goon, driving the car. 

Even knowing there was no hope, I tried my best to plead as much as possible. "Let me go, please if you want money I will give it!"

The one sitting in the driver's seat didn't use any mask but used a black handkerchief as a veil to cover his lower face. And threw a dagger at me through a rare-view mirror.

 "Please!" I tried to plead and was about to open my mouth but didn't cause the driver's mobile vibrated with some retro song. Mumbling that song lyrics with excitement he lifted the call. There was a pause of a couple of seconds before he opened his mouth to reply with more excitement. "Yes, Boss. Finally, after one month of waiting, we received the parcel," he said with a proud attitude. Did he mention me as a Parcel? "So, when should I deliver it to you?"

"Who the fuck are you, Bastard?" I screamed out of my heart so that his ears should appreciate the rage-filled in my voice.

That driver goon turned and shot a glare at me, while the white-mask goon frightened me by readjusting the sharp edge of the knife closer to my neck. They even tie my hands with a piece of cloth.

I heard a faint voice coming out of his mobile speaker that I perceived to be the main abductor's satanic smile. Then there were some muffled voices. "Okay, Boss," he voiced and cut the call.

Who can they be?

Mafia!

Or just ramsam demanding kidnappers.

"Listen, if you guys assumed by doing this you will blackmail my father then you all are so wrong!" I tried to convince them. "He doesn't love me. You people are wasting time. If you want any work to be done by my father then kidnap his wife." I passed a suggestion with hope. Hope they drop me back near the shop and kidnap my stepmother. Finally, my family and I will be free from her venomous domain. Apart from that, there will be no one to object me from going to Culinary school.

"Shut up!" The one on my left, a white-mask goon yelled at me. "Our boss is interested in you. Not in your mother or your money!"

"First of all, she is my stepmother. Kill me or eat me don't ever mention that female as my mother!" I warned and gave thought to what I was speaking and why.

Saira! Stop rambling! Focus. 

"Wait. What did you say? He is interested in me?" I confirmed again. 

"Yes!" the knife-blackmailer replied sending me into deep threads of analyzing, who can be that interested in me? That he had to hire goons to stock me for a month. 

"But why? Why does he want me?"

"We only do, what was ordered. We don't interrogate!" I received a reply from the driver's goon.

Can Naren do this?

No. He will piss his pants with just a glare, he can't be involved with these grumpy, dreadful goons. And hiring goon costs money, Naren couldn't afford it.