Chapter 14

We got back into the mansion and true to his word, the maids were already cooking. I felt as though something big will soon happen. Next tomorrow was Mr Williams' retirement party. I have to go back to the office, I have to pick a dress, I have to go through divorce. I'm a divorcee. The thought hit me hard. Who would have thought? I hugged my knees to myself. Just in a month and all these crazy things have happened.
The door creaked open and I looked at it curiously. A maid peeked her head from the little space she created when she opened the door.
"Sir Ethan demands your presence on the dining table." She said before I could ask her what she wanted.
"Oh. Okay. I'm coming." I managed to squeak out.
"Yes ma'am."
I got up from the bed and went downstairs. I sat opposite Ethan on the dining table. I chewed silently.
"What's wrong?" Ethan asked.
"Pardon?" I blurted out.
"Yeah. What's wrong with you? You've been awfully quiet."
"Nothing. I just have a lot of things on my mind. Can I resume work tomorrow? And oh, your father's retirement is the day after tomorrow."
"I'm aware. You can resume but I don't want to stress yourself or over work yourself, Mrs Ethan Williams." He said and I froze.
Seeing my state, Ethan said, "relax babe, we'll take it slow and how you want it."
"Not that, Ethan. Just don't worry about it." I said and forced a smile. I managed to eat my meal and went to my room to sleep.

Got up the next morning, took my bath and wore one of my dress suits and I also did a light makeup. I went to the dining table and ate toast and a cup of coffee. Ethan came along and we both went to the office.
On getting there, Ethan took my hand we both walked to the office. Murmurs erupted when the staffs saw our intertwined hands. I knew rumours will start now and I almost hated Ethan for that but I couldn't.
I got to my office, did some work and went for lunch. I remembered that I have to pick a dress for the event the next day.
I went to a store down the road and immediately saw a light blue evening gown. It was the perfect fit. It reached my knees. I went to look for silver jewelries, purse and shoes to complement the look. I got what I needed and then left the store for the office.

*Hey beautiful people. I'm sorry for not updating since. I was occupied. This story will soon come to an end. I hope you enjoyed this story. Please vote, share and comment 🤗. Thank you all 🤗.