31

MATT

"Dude!" Chase shuts the door, "dude I can't believe that worked."

"Yeah I know," I chuckle nervously, "I uhm- I don't know how I feel about her knowing though. I don't want there to be any trouble."

"Oh man there can't be," he shakes his head, "she basically lives in a fortress. She'll be fine. Plus she already knew. Which is so weird."

"It is," I nod, "for sure but I mean hey... we got it. We fucking got it dude. I can pay this shit and be done with it."

"Yeah so how are you gonna do that?" Chase asks, "because I still think you need to hold it and bargain full freedom."

"I'm still gonna do that but I'm not going to hold it hostage," I laugh a bit, "that'll get me killed faster than losing the drugs in the first place."

"Hey it wasn't your fault," Chase says, "seriously. Stop thinking like that. It wasn't your fault. None of it." He starts the car and we pull away.

I pull out my phone. I've had no reception here so I haven't been able to talk to Ana. I hope she's doing okay. I felt really bad leaving so soon after what happened. I message her and then I hover over my dad's contact. I call him.

"Well look who it is-"

"I just need to know what to do with the money," I say, "that's it. Once I get it to him, I'm out. I'm done."

"Oh you think so?" he laughs, "what makes you think he'll let you go?"

"Because I fucked up," I nod, "because why would he want such a risk on his crew? Now, where am I taking this?"

"I don't know," he replies, "and honestly, I don't give a damn." The call ends and I angrily pull my phone back. Prick. I hate him. So much. I dial Jack. I don't even care. I just want to figure this out.

"What do you want?" he answers, "I don't have your pretty girlfriend this time."

"What are you talking about?"
"That's why you called, right?" he laughs maniacally, "because she's missing?"

"What the fuck do you mean she's missing?" I ask, "where is she, Jack?"

"Not our old home," he says, "I knew you'd find her there. You won't have so much luck this time around. See you soon."

"Jack!" I yell as the call ends, "Jack where- FUCK! FUCK!"

"What? What is it?" Chase asks.

"I think they have her again," I try to call her. Her phone goes straight to voicemail, "come on Ana. Pick up the phone. Pick up!"

"I'll call Jada," Chase grabs his phone. I keep trying to call Ana but I can't get anything. "Jada?" Chase asks, "Jada what's wrong? Are-are you okay?" I look at him confused. "Jada what happened? What- where are you? Where are you at?" I ask what's happening. "Okay," he says scared, "okay just- just try to relax we're gonna find you. Okay? We will. Can- can you send a location or- or anything? Anything, Jade. Please try, okay? We're coming. I promise. I'm coming for you. Jada- woah okay calm- who is that? Jada? Jade!" He pulls the phone away and looks at me. Fear all over his face. He puts the phone back up, "Jada!" He pulls back realizing the call ended.

"What?" I ask, "what the fuck just happened?"

"They have them," he shakes his head, "she-she doesn't know where Ana is. She said all she can hear is screaming. She can't tell if it's Ana or not but- but some guy- some man just went in there-"

"Did she say where?" I ask, "can you describe the voice?" He looks at me weird. "Just- just trust it. Describe it. If you can."

He shakes his head, "just that water covers the ground she's sitting on. That's it. She's surrounded by water. It's all over the floor. I asked to send a location but I mean, I don't know if she can now- he sounded older. Heavy accent. It- it sounded like he was hitting here. He found the phone. I know he did. We have to get them out Matt. We have-

"I know," I nod, "I know... we will." Water on the floor? What place do I know of that floods... What building is that? Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. I know it. I swear I do...

My heart isn't in my body anymore. I feel like I can hardly think.