Chapter Five: Shinigami vs Zombies

"Why a week?"

Naruto looked at his side "Because I am no longer the demon that I was a thousand years ago. If I hadn't changed, I would have started killing all possible targets without hesitating a second. Giving them a week, I'll see if at least some of them know that their new life is something unnatural."

Haku hummed for a moment before pointing in front of her "Then, why are we going in this direction?"

The blonde shrugged "Konoha has allies. It is possible that Minato offered something to them as well as to Gaara. We know that Suna is no longer an ally of Konoha, but they were not the only ones with an alliance when I was still alive."

The young woman remained silent until the two arrived in front of a huge structure and a sad smile formed on her face "This certainly brings back many memories..."

"The Great Naruto Bridge..." said Naruto with a calm voice "Honestly, I'm surprised they left this name."

"Why should they change it? You are the hero of this country after all." replied Haku walking alongside him "To think that one day I would return to the place where Zabuza-sama and I died."

"If you prefer to stay here, I will not object."

Haku shook her head "No, don't worry. Even if I died here once it doesn't mean that I will die again in this place, yet there is a place I want to visit." she looked at Naruto "I guess you know where the graves of me and Zabuza are."

Nodding to her, Naruto disappeared in a Shumpo with Haku following him shortly after. In a matter of seconds, the two of them were standing in front of two wooden crosses. On one of them there was the brown sash that Haku wore around her waist when she was still alive, while behind the other stood the menacing sword used by Zabuza during the years when he was feared by everyone.

"If it's okay for you..." Haku smiled at the two crosses "I'm going to pick up some flowers.".

"Take your time." nodded Naruto before walking toward the village not far away "I will go and see if this place also needs my intervention." and he disappeared again, reappearing a few seconds later in front of Tazuna's house, which had been restored and repaired 'It seems that after that mission they managed to get back on their feet.'

Going to the door, he knocked a couple of times, hearing a familiar female voice inside "Coming!" and after a few seconds, the door was opened, showing Tsunami with simple clothes on. Her expression, at first confused, turned into a shocked one as soon as she recognized the person in front of her.

"Good morning, Tsunami." said Naruto with a little bow and a smile "It's been a while."

"N-N-Naruto?!" whispered the woman staring at him like she was looking at a ghost "Is that really you?!"

"In the flesh." nodded Naruto.

"Y-You're alive?! But...but...!" her mind reached the limit at that moment and Tsunami fainted without warning, falling backwards, but before she could touch the floor, Naruto had already grabbed her with one arm before lifting her body without difficulty.

Sighing to himself, Naruto walked inside the house "Yare yare...these children are far too impressionable..."

§ - § - § - § - §

FLAMES OF DUTY

Chapter Five: Shinigami vs Zombies