"If it's better there than here, why aren't you there? Why even fight for the Phoenix when you have these thoughts?" Victor growled in frustration. He was angry at everyone thinking that they didn't suffer for things. They earned their things through their studies and bodies.

Rocky rolled his eyes. "Because we were born here, dummy." He ran his hand through his hair. "Just think, I could be rolling in the things that you deny."

North growled, snapping forward. His hand had grabbed Rocky's shirt and twisted. "Shut the fuck up you idiot. You don't know what we went through to get here!"

Silas appeared next to North. We all took a step forward. I knew that Silas was the best person to talk North down from his anger, but it was better to be closer in order to contain him or jump in the fight. "Calm down, bother. Yelling at them will not help them understand us."

"Get the fuck off of me, you fucking piece of trash" Greg yelled, his spit splattering on North's face. He grabbed North's hand and tried to pry him away but North's grip was too strong. He spluttered before yelling at his companion. "Rocky, stop standing there and help get him off of me!"

Rocky stepped forward with his hand raised as if he was going to punch North. As he got closer to the pair, we all surged forward. We were used to people to being angry at us and the consequences it brings, usually in the form of punishment under the disguise of training. But we were free to retaliate and defend ourselves and each other, and there was no way that we were going to let two people break us. Granted, there night be a few broken bones, but it's a good thing that I am a doctor. Sure, I haven't set a bone before but when's the best time except the present. Before he could lay a hand on North, a voice yelled out, angry and firm. "Stand down!"

Axel appeared with the rest of the toma team behind him. His eyes were dark with fury as he took in the site. " did you not hear what I said?! Both of you, let go now!"

North growled before he let go of Greg's shirt. He took a step back next to Silas, his eyes glimmered with seething anger.

Greg huffed, his confidence made several of the Toma team narrow their eyes. "I don't even know why these pussies are here. Shouldn't they be in the kitchen or warming a bed or something?" he sneered at the ten Prime, unaware of the silence.

"Shut up," Axel growled out. Greg looked at him in surprise, obviously expecting the men to be on his side. "Greg, you disobeyed my direct order not to pick any fights with the Prime. You are excused, and you will report to your direct officer. Rocky, you will also join him. Like I said, I will not tolerate any bullying, and you are no longer eligible to join any Phoenix teams unless you change your attitude. Or did you forget what Phoenix does?"

Greg and Rocky's faces turned pale before they scrambled back inside. As they left, Axel's attention landed on the rest of the trainees. "As you see, we do not tolerate any bad behavior. North, you are to be assigned meal clean-up due to laying a hand on someone in an aggressive manner. You will follow Marc after training. Before any of you say anything concerning Greg, Rocky, or even North's punishments, remember what Phoenix is for. We help those who cannot help themselves. Our mission is to take down the academy while saving anyone who needs our help. Prime are their prized possessions, but they are human also. They are men who are subjected to a caste that the rest of you are lucky to not have experienced it yourselves. If you want to be part of our forces you will need to forget what you think of these men and see the injustice society has burdened them with."

His eyes roamed over the field. Eyes riveted his gaze, guilty and ashamed. " I am disappointed In all of you right now. When we come here tomorrow, I want new attitudes. Understood?"

"Yes, sir!" voices yelled out before Axel dismissed everyone until lunch. As people began to disperse, he called out to the Prime to hang back. He looked at our faces, and I knew that we were horrible at keeping the anger from our expressions. "I know that you were just defending yourselves and I'm sorry for what just occurred. We do not allow fighting among team members. In training, all of you are team members, even if you don't get along." He sighed tiredly. " I won't sugarcoat it. You group will have it harder to prove yourselves. People here have been physically trained since young to join the fight and will see you as a weak link. They will try to undermine you, but use it to your advantages. None of you are stupid and those who think you are are not very intelligent. You are strong, and if you want to be beside Sang, you will have to train harder to catch up physically."

" life at to the academy was horrible," Milo spoke softly. "There are some things that I don't think will ever share with anyone. You can't imagine what they put me through. People are jerks. And the only thing we can do is ignore them and focus on our goal."

" you're right," North sighed. Regret to how he reacted was evident in his slumped shoulders, but his eyes narrowed. "But I'm not sorry for standing up to those jerks."

"And you shouldn't be," Brandon spoke. His blue eyes stared at each of us. "If you want to be part of the teams in the field, you need that backbone. Besides, if you ever need to physically work it out, we can always work on your nonexistent hand-to hand combat."

Raven let out a laugh. "Yes, feel the burn?"

Brandon rolled his eyes. "I wasn't trying to insult them, Raven."

" nyet," Raven luffed." Why would stack about fire? They look like they just constipated!"

Every pair of eyes landed on the Russians in confusion. Corey shook his head, messaging the nose o his bridge. " Do you mean pooped out?"

Raven looked at us in confusion. "dose it not mean the same?"

I snorted in laughter. " pooped out means you're physically exhausted. Constipated means you me having problems getting your business done." I waved my hand towards the field. " besides I think one of our lovely teammates left some in the field after your message, Axel."

Chuckles lifted the tension that was previously hanging over us. I understood what Axel was trying to tell with us and the others. Phoenix has an order. Fights may happen but there should never be a physical altercation because it would just divide parties apart. People who are always angry or at odds with one another can lead to mistakes in a situation which could cost greatly. Yet we shouldn't let others walk over us.

" this is great, "Gabriel panted. His legs trembled with the effort of staying upright. He looked like Bambi , you know the deer before his mom got killed ." now can we go somewhere I can sit down. I'm pooped out."

Hi! Long time no see! Sorry it took me so long to get back into writing. I haven't updated this story since September 2021. Almost a year and a half! Thank you to those who have stuck around despite my absence!  I don't know how many of you are coming from reading my other book Blind Love but things have been so chaotic. Things that just made me tired all the time and lose interest in writing and everything in general. Things are still weird for me but I'm hoping to be writing more soon!