" What, like a bartender or something?" I shook my head.

" No..."

" Well, what else were you doing?"

" I stripped and if he didn't almost get arrested I would have been doing more. He was pushing me towards it." He stood up

" You had to strip??? That nigga had you out here stripping!!! What the fuck, Solána! You had my son all around that shit!! Why didn't you at least go to my mom!!?"

" He kept saying that he would have Malik taken away from me!" I cried. He sat back down and pulled in his arms. He pulled out his phone and sent a text, but I couldn't see who he texted.

" Shit, I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, baby!" He kissed my forehead.

" No, I'm sorry," I whispered.

" Did Tyler know any of this?"

" No! He always had Tyler working. He was never around. For the longest, I thought that he had moved away."

" So, how were you able to get away from all of that?" He asked after I calmed down some.

" Your dad had the feds on him and they were questioning me a lot. I witnessed a lot and used that to my advantage. I told him that I wouldn't tell them anything if he paid for my schooling and got me a place. He agreed and left me alone. I was able to do what I had to do and become a doctor. Malik doesn't know any of that, and I intend to keep it that way." So much was running through Aubrey's head.

"I'm going to make sure that nigga gets his! I mean it! Again, I'm so sorry that you went through all of that by yourself! I just knew you were off living that college life, just enjoying every minute of it!"

" No, it was still a struggle with having Malik, but I got through it." He kissed my forehead again.

" Well, I'm here now! I'm not going anywhere! You two are my priority now. I know you can take care of yourself, but it's time for me to take care of you!"

"Aubrey, I'm not quitting!"

" I didn't say you had to quit, I'm just saying that I'm going to take care of you and my son!" He stands back up and walks towards the door.

" Where are you going?" I asked.

" To get to know my boy." He walks out and I sat here in thought.

Aubrey POV

"Pass that ball," I said while walking toward Malik

"Pass that ball," I said while walking toward Malik. He passed it and I shot it.

" Do you ever miss?" He asked.

" When I'm off my game." I chuckled while putting up another shot.

" Which is hardly ever!" I passed the ball to him and watched him make it.