Chapter Fourteen ۞ Special Class

Start from the beginning

"I have to warn you, Valeriana. PC-S students are said to be weirdoes."

"I think I can handle it." She said. "I haven't exactly been living with what you can call normal people. There probably won't be weirder than those wierdoes."

The joke seemed to have lifted Chavi's spirits up as a little color flushed into the greyness of her aura.

"Well?"

Valeriana gave her friend a goodbye hug and watched her run off to her own class as she opened the doors to her own.

"Um . . . hello?"

"WE HAVE A VISITOOOOOOORRR!" Someone screamed.

The girl was frozen in place as the exclamation reverberated throughout the entire building. Moments later, her arm was tugged and her body hauled to stand in front.

"So what do you have for us?" A girl with candy pink hair beamed.

"Is this PC-S?" She asked.

"It is! It is!" Her matching eyes sparkled. "Are you a new classmate? Please tell me you're joining us oh please please pllleeeaaaasssee!"

"Coral!" A boy with pastel green hair and eyes jumped. "Don't even think she will, she looks ordinary!"

Ouch.

"Her uniform." A more detached voice interjected.

Looking towards the source, her gaze locked with deep, violet ones matched with ash-purple hair. Combined with a straight nose and thin lips, it sort of gave him an androgynous feel. Even so, he was, as Valeriana would describe, something that started with a c followed by a u and a t then ended with an e.

The uncommon hair and eye color made her doubt the authenticity. However, seeing as her experiences had been more than ordinary, it was not far-fetched to be genuine.

"You're a part of the Twelve." They said.

"Oh no! We refuse!" Coral's change of attitude was drastic.

"I'm supposed to take PC-S in place of PC-1."

As if it was the end of the world, Coral's chatter was nonstop.

"Oh my gosh!" Coral squealed. "We are going to be goood good GOOOODDD friends, I tell you! I finally have another girly friend with me instead of hanging out with guy guys all the time! It's seriously so lonely to be the only girl in this entire--"

The first thing Valeriana noticed was their auras. Compared to the usual ones, theirs had a different shape. It felt as though they were enveloped by bubbles instead of flames.

"If you don't mind . . . where are the others?"

"It's only us." Mr. Purple told her.

Mr. Green took his turn to speak. "There were only three people in the entire academy who had direct control."

"Plus one!" Coral quipped. "Is four!"

"Only four . . . ?" She trailed off. "I never knew it was that rare."

"Cheer up, there are others." Coral's eyes were filled with hope. "They just don't want to attend the academy and learn . . . at least, that's what I know. But you're here that means it's good! My name is Coral! And these two are--

"Zander Levine." Said Mr. Purple. Since he finally had a name, she should probably stop calling him so.

"And I'm Cail!"

"My name is Valeriana Kerrigan. It's nice meeting you all."

"So you're a part of the Twelve? You'll have a hard time keeping up with the competition. Our abilities can't be directly used for battle."