Part IX

Two weeks passed, and there was no sign of Punz or Dream. They for sure had something diabolical planned, but it was truthfully none of my concern. There was no way I could actually stop them, so why bother?

I was busy picking sweet-berries in the forest, when I heard the familiar crunching of leaves behind me. Sure, Punz had told me to leave- but who was I to back down from a challenge? It was all part of Foolish's mission, or plan, anyway.

"Hello Punz," I said, turning and expecting my friend in the white hoodie. To my shock, it was actually Dream; guess they just walked the same way. I swallowed the lump of fear forming in my throat.

"Were you expecting him?" The speedrunner raised an eyebrow, to which I replied, "No, just've uh, seen him around these parts."

Dream rolled his eyes and continued, "Sure seems like you were Y/n. Anyways, what do I owe the pleasure of having you here?"

Trying not to tremble in front of my supreme enemy, I replied, "I was just gathering berries in the forest. I didn't mean to intrude of course. As for the uh, Punz event," I cleared my throat, "We bumped into each other the last time I was here."

He nodded his head, "Well then Y/n, surely you have no troubles following me back then?" I froze, recalling what happened before. Almost to reassure me, Dream said, "Sorry about before darling, things weren't meant to go so far. It's obvious you have nothing to hide."

I backed away slowly, "As much as I'd love to trust you, I'm going to have to pass." Dream began more tense now, and took a step forward. On instinct, I dropped my berry-basket and made a run through the prickly briars, thinking he wouldn't follow me. To my disappointment, his armor protected him and he kept on chasing me. I was already running out of breath, and made a detour to the stream. Cold water was rushing at high speeds, jagged stones sticking out of the water menacingly. The speedrunner was a bit behind me, so I came up with a genius plan. I grabbed a large stone and threw it into the water, causing a huge splash noise. I screamed "HELP!" As if I'd fallen in, and hid behind a small hill.

"I know all your tricks U/n!" He shouted, "Don't think you can hide from me. Why don't we be friends, really! I'll teach you all the secrets of the revived book." He stood with his back to the hill I was hiding behind, and I picked up a large stick. I jumped out, swinging wildly, but he unsheathed his axe and broke my branch in only a heartbeat. The splinters of wood fell onto the ground, and he smiled again, "You can't fool me!"

I raced more, but I was on the verge of collapse. I prayed to the heavens, Foolish, or Techo, Ranboo, anybody would save me. Things weren't looking too bright for me as he closed in, and there was no stalling anymore. All of a sudden, the shadow of a figure appeared behind Dream. Punz?

Nope, wrong again. A girl with pink hair wearing dark clothing appeared with a shiny diamond sword, fending off Dream. He was shocked, as well as I, and she had a focused look. Her eyes sparkled, and her skills were amazing! My opponent was backed against a tree, and she grabbed my hand. The two of us made it out of there to a cozy cottage near where my own house was; just on the other side of the massive snow-capped mountain.

"My name's Nihachu," Her voice was sweet and soft, "You can call me Nikki."

---------------------

627 Words, ok bruh- my only excuse is my dumb math homework. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I might try to post again tomorrow. THANK YOU SO MUCH for 180+ reads already! You guys are seriously amazing.