The Murder Of One

Vicki's POV

Vicki's POV

I stand in front of the sink, washing the blood off of my hands.

I feel weird, and not because I just killed someone. I feel like how Kai felt when he soaked up the traveler spell. Only, I feel more power. It's like my veins are buzzing.

Kol steps up behind me, putting his arms around my wait.

"Are you okay?"

I scoff. "I should be asking you that. I just killed your mother."

"She hasn't been our mother for over 1,000 years. No one blames you for doing it. If you hadn't she would have killed all of us."

"I know. That's why I had to stop her." I take a deep breath, leaning my head against his shoulder. "Do you wanna commit arson with me?"

He raises an eyebrow. "And why is it that you want to set something on fire?"

"Let's gather everyone, i'll explain it to you all at once." he nods, going to get all the others. I call Stefan, asking him to come over, only to find out he's already here.

While everyone settles down in the living room, I wait to speak.

"What would you guys think if I told you there was another white oak tree? After the one that you burned down."

"What?!" Nik growls.

"They used it to build the Wickery bridge and the sign. Who wants to join me in setting it on fire?" I rush out in nervousness.

"Wait, back up. How is that even possible?" Stefan asks.

"There was a sapling, they used the wood to build Mystic Falls. More specifically, Wickery bridge."

Finn looks like he's about to ask how I know. I tap my finger to my temple with a knowing look.

To my surprise, everyone stands up and gets ready to leave. I quickly grab the gasoline that I left in my trunk.

When we get to the bridge, I rip out the sign while Kol starts pouring the gasoline. I throw the sign onto the bridge while he finishes up.

I take a match and strike it on the side of the box before dropping it onto the bridge.

We all stand by, watching the flames engulf the structure.

It took a few days but I finally tracked down Sage and she agreed to meet with me.

I'm sitting down in a booth at the Grill, happily sipping on my dirty shirley while I wait for her.

The door opens and she steps through. She looks around, not knowing what I look like. I stand up. "Over here." I call softly, knowing she'll hear me.

She walks in my direction and stops next to me. I reach out my hand for her to take and she does. "It's good to meet you Sage. Thank you for coming."

"Yeah, let's get this over with."