Brave New World

Vicki's POV

I stop by the hospital very early in the morning

I stop by the hospital very early in the morning. When I walk into the room, I notice that Caroline is asleep, balled up in the corner. The curtains are open and casting a light throughout the room. I speed over and quickly close them.

I see the spilled blood on the floor. After I clean it up, I slowly walk over to her and nudge her awake. She wakes up with a jump, a scared look on her face.

"Care, it's okay. It's me. Vicki."

I bring her into a hug and she slowly relaxes. Then she starts sobbing into my shoulder. I run my fingers through her hair to soothe her and rub her back with my other hand.

"Shh shh, it's going to be okay Caroline."

She lifts her head up to look at me. "She said 'Game on.'"

I sigh. "How are you feeling now that you've had blood?"

"I feel stronger. Hungry. The sun burned me."

"I closed the curtains for you. How about we get out of the corner." she nods and I help her up. We sat down on the bed.

"We are going to spend the day working on your control, and if I feel you are ready then we can go to the carnival tonight, okay? But you need to stay by me the whole time."

She beams at me. "Okay!"

The nurse walks in and Caroline tenses instantly. I get up and walk over to her.

"Don't make a sound, this won't hurt. Do as I say and come with me." She nods and follows me back to the bed.

"Alrighty Care. First lesson, controlling your hunger. Ready?"

After hours of going through everything with her, she's doing amazing with her self control. We've even walked through the hospital which stinks of blood.

I've given her the daylight ring that I made for her and now we are getting ready for the carnival.

I sit her down for one last chat

I sit her down for one last chat. "Okay, I know you will do amazing tonight, Care. You are so strong. There's going to be a man tonight, he'll get into a fight and have a cut on his face. I've seen it."