Chapter 1 An unexpected encounter

Light rain drizzles from the sky, clouds mainly cover the moon. It's currently 1 a.m., though it's been days since I last went out for a walk due to the heavy rain, I'm determined to have my late-night walk.

Walking around my usual spots, the atmosphere felt a bit different from my regular strolls, probably because of the rain, there were little to no people on the street.

Isn't it because of the time? You might ask.

Nope :D There are usually more people.

Okay, that's not the point. I usually walk around the park near my house, but today I feel like walking in a different direction.

Mind you, it's actually much darker and a bit more dangerous to not walk around the park, because there are no lights and people strolling or cycling around.

What does that mean? You might also ask.

It means nothing. I'm just a bit adventurous today :P

§§

It wasn't too far from where I started away from the park, I spotted someone. Wait no, I heard two familiar voices and two bundles of figures that are a bit familiar if you consider the voices. The two of them are tangled together, if that's the right way of saying two person's states. Anyway, I can't really tell what's going on, just knew that it's definitely not the public display of affection type of tangle.

It is incredibly dark here under the roof of the store buildings without direct lighting, there's no way I can see their faces clearly. I was walking towards them initially, so I trusted my instincts.

"Hey, are you Brett? Do you guys need help?"

The guy I suspected to be Brett visibly hesitated with his movements. Before he could say anything, the other figure, initially clinging to him, raised his head and body to my direction.

"I'm Eddy Chen from TwoSet Violin! This is Brett Yang, also from TwoSet Violin!!" He shouted.

I think it's clear what the situation was. Yep, Eddy was drunk.

Brett sighed loudly and mumbled OMG after grabbing onto Eddy and shushing him, even though it was a bit unnecessary given the lack of people and neighbourhood around us.

Seeing Eddy resume his quietness albeit a bit overactive, I raised both my hands to offer defenceless. "I'm not going to take pictures or post anything online, I promise, I just want to help if you need any." My phone was in my pocket, so I presented them (more like just Brett) with two empty hands.

Probably feeling a bit embarrassed, Brett chuckled a bit apologetically. "I haven't even said anything yet but thanks."

I smiled. "Of course, no problem."

"Are you a fan?~ What instruments do you play?~ How long have you been watching us?~" Eddy blabbered.

I laughed quietly, feeling like talking to a kid somehow. " Are those all the questions you always asked people on the road who spotted you guys?" I was able to face Eddy at eye level because of his not-standing-on-his-own posture.

Before either of them could answer me, Eddy almost tripped over himself and did a little yelp. Not that I was expecting an answer, of course. What are you thinking about to a drunk person, huh?

Fortunately, Brett's hands were already on his waist and shoulder, saving him.

I thought back to the question I asked. "Where are you guys heading right now? Or let's say, hmm... what kind of help do you possibly need that I could offer?"