Huh. Okay, a reasonable response.

"And now, Acacia, I'd appreciate it if you gave us some privacy," Max told her sternly.

She grinned evilly as she came down the stairs to stand beside us. "What sorts of things are you planning? And why do you need privacy for them?"

He frowned at her. "I can hear what you're thinking, and yeah, not gonna happen."

"Okay, sure, whatever you say," she gave in. But then she said, "Since mates' sex lives are supposed to be very intense from what I've heard, I think you should use protection if you aren't planning on-"

 Acacia lunged out of the way as Max made a grab for her, then she zoomed up the stairs and into what I assumed was her room, but not before getting in a few last words, "BE SAFE YOU GUYS!"

I looked at Max with my mouth wide open and he scratched his head awkwardly before saying, "Sorry about that, my sister's a complete nut job." He smirked, "And I'm sure we'll do just fine at our sex life."

My cheeks flamed and I struggled to string together a comprehensive sentence. "Erm.." Yeah, I failed.

Max laughed. "I was kidding, relax."

I was supposed to feel relieved at his statement, so why did I feel a slight pang of disappointment? Ew, ohmygod Hanna, stop thinking dirty thoughts! The guy just asked you to be his girlfriend and you're already thinking about- eurgh, okay, I've got to get these emotions under control.

As if he could read my, regrettably, perverted thoughts, his eyes darkened with an emotion I wasn't too familiar with, and he inhaled quietly, but sharply.

What did I do?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Max's POV

After the whole embarrassing episode with Acacia, I told Hanna I was kidding about having a sex life so early. Well, I may or may not have been completely truthful. My wolf was telling me to claim her and the more reasonable part of me was telling me to wait for her. So for now, I'd wait as long as I'd have to.

Being her mate and all, I could feel what she was feeling and although it was a rare occasion, I could hear her thoughts, sometimes.

The feeling of disappointment that I felt coming from her after I told her I was kidding hurt me. I had no idea that she might've wanted it to be true, but then this wave of lust just completely drowned me and I gasped. I felt my wolf getting aroused but I pushed him back down. Now was not the time to get a f*cking boner in front of my mate. I realized that the overwhelming lust I felt was actually Hanna's, for the most part.

My initial thoughts were, motherf*ck, where the hell did this come from? Not that I'm complaining... My wolf wanted to break free and just claim her right then and there on the couch. For a second, I contemplated giving in, but I wouldn't force my mate to do something.

I took deep breaths until I'd calmed down. Swinging my head to look at her, I saw that she was chewing on her beautiful bottom lip. Hanna didn't know it, but that was a complete turn-on. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not some perv who thinks about sex all the time. Sure, I've slept with girls before, but something in my conscience told me in the middle of summer made me stop sleeping around immediately. I guess that was to keep my image clean for Hanna, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

"Are you all right?" her soft voice reached my ears.

I let the tension flow out of my body. "I'm fine." Then I heard some banging coming from a few floors up. I groaned. "Hold on a sec, let me see what my sister's up to first."