.25.

The hotel we stayed in looked so classy that I must have stood in the lobby for ten minutes admiring it. Or I was just overreacting as I wasn't in hotels that often thanks to my mom's travel ban. While the others were already in their rooms I was still standing around in the lobby. Since James was apparently not the smartest, he just threw my key at me. I didn't see where the key ended up so I was allowed to look for it now.

How can you be so stupid?

Already annoyed that I couldn't find it, I just sat down on my suitcase. It wasn't particularly comfortable, but at least I wasn't just standing around like an idiot. I'll get my revenge for that. He better be ready.

A sigh left my throat. There was no point in looking if I couldn't find him. First of all, why did I have to look for the key if I didn't even throw it? Sometimes I marveled that they were all still alive.

"Are you looking for something?", A strange voice said and I looked up from the floor.

A man stood in front of me. He was tall, probably over 6' or something. His blond, probably dyed, long hair hung wildly in his face. It looked like he didn't know what a hairbrush is. He had a shirt on from a band I didn't know about, black leather pants and matching boots. A few rings could be seen on his hands and he wore a few chains around his neck. He held a guitar case in his hand. I don't know why but he kind of reminded me of a giraffe. It was probably because of his height.

Did he play in a band?
At least that's what it looked like.

"Actually yes. A friend of mine threw me the key to my hotel room. Unfortunately I didn't see where it landed. Did you maybe saw him?", I explained to him briefly.

A small grin crept onto the stranger's face. As if he had been waiting for it his whole life, he reached into his pocket and proudly presented me with the key, which I've been looking for for a quarter of an hour.  Had he had it all along and been joking? No idea but I was grateful to him.

He gave me the key and I checked the number again just to be sure. Luckily it was actually mine.

"He was lying behind the vase there. Your friend is a lousy thrower.", he informed me.

"Apparently. Thanks."

"No problem, darlin'."

I have to admit that I turned away. Not because I was uncomfortable, but because he didn't need to see how embarrassed he was making me. Admittedly he wasn't bad looking but I had another man on my mind.

"May I ask what your name is?"

He sounded friendly, curious and also flirted. Or at least I think so. He called me darlin'. Or maybe I'm reading way too much into it and he's just trying to be nice. I hate that I overthink so many things.

"Olivia. What's your name?"

"Duff, pleasure to meet you Olivia.", he said.

I wanted to laugh. I wanted to laugh at his name but I didn't. I mean who names their kid Duff? Did his parents watch too many cartoons? It could also just be a nickname since he might not like his real name.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but is Duff your real name?", so I asked.

It wasn't really my business since we hardly knew each other, but I was too curious to just ignore it. He just smiled at me. Did he expect this question? Allegedly. I think I'm not the first to ask him that. But what can I do about it? Duff is a very unusual name. A name I've never heard before.

"It's a nickname. I'm not really comfortable with my real name.", he explained to me.

"I understand. You playin' in a band?", I was really too curious.

He looked at his guitar case and then at me. Now it was him who was embarrassed. Out of nervousness he scratched the back of his head. This time I had a smile on my face.

"Yeah, not everything works out yet. But remember the name Guns N' Roses. You'll see, we'll be famous.", he said fully convinced of himself and his band.

I liked it when you didn't just give up on your dreams. If you do everything to make them come true. If you have to give everything for it.

I myself gave up my dream of becoming an artist years ago. I was always told I was too bad and I would never make it. So at some point I stopped believing in it. I stopped being interested in drawing and just dropped everything. I can't forgive myself for that. Drawing has always been a passion. And it will probably always remain so.

I smiled at Duff encouragingly.

"Make sure I'm there when it happens. And I believe in you, in all of you.", I said to him.

"It was a pleasure to meet you Olivia."

"It was a pleasure to meet you too Duff."

He gave me another smile before grabbing his guitar case and leaving. I looked after him until he finally disappeared from my field of vision. I had a feeling that what he said would come true. That he and his band will one day become famous. I just hope I'll be there that day.

I had finally found my room and simply put my suitcase in any corner. Duff had secured a place in my head, that was for sure.

I lay on my bed and stared at the wall. Even when I was tired I wanted to talk to Kirk. About what Lars almost said on the bus. And about his answer. It just didn't let me rest even if I could deal with it tomorrow.

I stood in front of Kirk's room, nervous and cursing myself inside. I don't even know how long I've been standing there but feels like hours. So far I hadn't said anything and certainly hadn't knocked on the door. Why was I so nervous? I mean, he sort of admitted it, didn't he? So why don't I dare knock on that fucking door?

Apparently I didn't have to anymore because just as I moved my hand towards the door, it was opened relatively violently by Kirk. He had a look on his face that was just as nervous but at the same time demanding as mine.

Nobody said anything. And that wasn't even necessary.