.22.

I stopped next to Lars and looked into the room. Clothes were strewn from the door to the bed. Female and male clothes. There was a slight smell of sweat in the air and I wanted to turn around and go back to my room. You could literally feel the tension in that room. It wasn't pleasant.

From the door you had a view of the balcony and the bed. Stacy sat in bed, her body wrapped in a blanket. Then the dress, the bra and the panties probably belonged to her. I didn't want to know what had happened but then again it was way too obvious. She looked panicked, like she had just been told her mother had died. Her makeup is smudged. Her lipstick was off her lips and the mascara had caused black circles under her eyes.

I kept looking around.

What I saw in front of the bathroom left me speechless. There layed a man, fortunately in boxers, shielding his face with his arms. He therefore owned the rest of the clothes that were still on the floor. Since Stacy was wrapped in a blanket, I could guess what happened, but that's just not the point. A brown-haired curly head beat the man. He seemed to be saying something, but it was far too quiet.

The whole situation seemed to Kirk to be too much.

"Why are you just standing here?!", I asked Lars a little more annoyed than I had intended.

He looked at me with a "that's obvious" look. However, it wasn't obvious to me. Either he had forgotten that I didn't know Kirk and Cliff as well as he did or he was simply too overwhelmed with the situation. I think both will be the case. Sometimes the four can be really stupid. No wonder Bob has nerves of steel. I just shook my head.

"We'll have a talk later, you danish bitch.", I said to him and let him stand in the door frame.

I didn't bother to run knowing that this guy well deserved the punches. Just like I just ignored Stacy for now. She can explain all this to me later and god help her that she has a good excuse. I don't know if Kirk told her what happened in his last relationship. If not, then this must be deja vu for him.

Even though I wasn't particularly strong, I grabbed Kirk's shoulders and tried to pull him away from the guy. After all, he should still be alive. Kirk shouldn't be a killer. Stupidly, he managed to get out of my grip. He continued hitting the man.

"Kirk!", I called.

He didn't respond.
It was all getting to be too much for me. It's like I'm in the past only this time it's not me taking the beating. I took a deep breath and watched Kirk's punching sequence. At some point he had to raise his arm so that he had enough strength to hurt the guy.

I didn't have to wait long because a few seconds later he raised his arm to hit the guy again. But this time I was faster. At just the right moment, I grabbed his arm and stopped him. Even though he tried to fight back, I didn't think about letting go.

"Kirk, It's enough now.", I said to him.

He turned his face to me.
My heart almost sank into my pants. His eyes were red and the otherwise bright brown was just a black hole. Everything in me tightened as I saw how hurt he was.

He didn't deserve this.

Slowly but surely I let go of his arm. Without saying a word, Kirk just left the man lying there and ran out of the room as fast as he could. Lars wanted to go after him but I stopped him.

"Not. Leave him alone for a few minutes. He can use it.", I said and pulled him into the room.

Together Lars and I set about putting the man on the bed and treating his wounds. Luckily Kirk didn't break any of his bones, but the guy would still have a few bruises. The nose was bleeding and a lip was split. Also, the guy had a black eye. Nothing I didn't already know about myself. I just kept looking worse.

"What will you do?"

"What should I do?! Stacy is not my responsibility. Nevertheless, you have a lot to explain to me!", I answered Lars and shouted at Stacy.

I knew exactly what she was like, but I didn't know that about her. I mean, what was she thinking just shagging someone else while she and Kirk were having something? It was only the first day and everything was already going wrong.

After the guy's bleeding was taken care of, I let Lars do the rest. As I left the room, a startled Cliff looked at me. I just shrugged. Since James wasn't here, he was sleeping or flirting with a woman. But at the moment I didn't care. I wanted to know how Kirk was doing.

So I went looking for him.