.16.

Olivia's pov.

After several hours of driving and endless rounds of card games, we finally arrived. To my regret, I hadn't slept a bit, which will certainly turn out to be a mistake.

The hotel didn't look like I could afford it. Even though Bob said it was all settled, I didn't want to be seen as a burden.

"What's wrong?", Curly asked me.

He was standing next to me so suddenly that I was startled. He just laughed.
Glad that he could at least laugh.
Do you notice the sarcasm? I guess so.

"I can never afford that."

"What do you mean? Bob said it was settled. Don't worry.", he told me and gave me an encouraging smile.

God, that smile was so beautiful.

I just nodded and followed the guys. Stacy was about to make a move on Kirk, which he allowed. I mean, why would he ignore it when they were practically dating already? But it still annoyed me.

The lobby looked like I was in the Middle Ages. It was all so gorgeous and shiny that I'll probably have to wear sunglasses soon. I pulled my suitcase more or less carelessly behind me. I don't know why I was so unmotivated all of a sudden. It could also just be that I'm tired. I really hadn't slept that much.

Bob came back with four keys in his hand. Somehow I already knew in which direction this would go and I was to be right.

"You share a room to save money. I don't care who sleeps with whom in a room. The sound check is tomorrow at seven, so be on time.", the last part went to the boys.

Bob gave James the keys to the rooms and left the lobby to get to his own room. Everyone looked confused. The silence was kind of weird and nobody really knew what to say.

Sharing a room was not a problem for me. After I finished high school, I shared my room with James for a few months because he was having problems with his family. My Mom didn't care what I did anyway so I can let someone sleep in my room for a few months. Besides, my parents already knew James, so they weren't interested anyway.

"It goes without saying that Kirk and I share a room, right?", said Stacy.

Her breaking the silence was kind of reassuring, but at the same time it pissed me off. She said that with such arrogance and ignorance that I wanted to slap her in the face. Who does she think she is? And since when is she so bitchy?

She was really getting on my nerves. And she was my best friend.

James just shrugged and handed Kirk whatever key he wanted. From what I heard the rooms were all on the same floor so it didn't matter who got which room.

"Then I'm in a room with Cliff. You know well enough to know what it's like to share a room with each other.", Lars couldn't help but grin.

I knew that was a nod to my train of thought. He was right but did it have to be? Sometimes Lars really couldn't keep his mouth shut.

I just sighed. Cliff and Lars left as well, leaving only James and I. I didn't mind. He's my best friend and has been forever. There's nothing he doesn't know. Except for my feelings for Curly but otherwise?

"Like old times, right?", I didn't miss his grin.

For better or for worse, I had to agree with him. Just like in the old days. The good old days were years ago but really not much had changed. We were still the same people we were then.

"Really not much has changed.", I said to him.

The only difference from back then was that we were both blonde now. At that time I had dyed my hair black.