Jada 😮‍💨: I'm going back to Cali, since you want to act like I don't exist.

Me: Cool, bye...

"Solána" I whispered as soon as I seen her notification pop up.

Solána🌍💕🥰: Now you want to talk? No!

" Aw shit," I mumbled before another notification appeared.

Solána🌍💕🥰: Sorry about that. That was Nai. Sure, just let me know when you're back.

Me: Ok.

(The next day)

Chubbs, Chris, and I had been back for a few hours now. I told Solána that I was back, and she told me that she was off work and to come over whenever I felt like it. I was trying to push myself to get up and go, but I was nervous as fuck.

" Ma, I'll be back. If you need anything, call me or Tyler." She just looks at me but doesn't respond. I walked over to her nurse.

"She's having one of those days today?"

" Yes, today has been the worst I've seen so far." I let out a sigh.

" Ok, well, please call me if you need me." She nods and goes to sit next to my mom. Why does this have to happen to my mom?

" I'm out!" I said while Chubbs was sitting in his car on the phone.

" Aight." He nods. I got in my truck and took off toward Solána.

The nerves were coming back during the ride over. I kept thinking about how Malik would react! What has she been telling him all of these years? It's pretty obvious that he doesn't know that I'm his father, at least I don't think he'd be that welcoming toward me when meeting him. I finally pulled up to Solána's after almost turning around and going home.

Getting out of my truck, I looked around while leaning on my door. Finally walking up the driveway to her door. I stood there just staring at the door. I couldn't bring myself to knock. Fuck it, I'm going home. I can't do this, I can't! Just as I turned around, the door opened and I heard her voice. That sweet voice that I've always loved.

" Where are you going, Aubrey?" She asked. Home Solána, I can't be here. That's what my mind said. I turned around, eying her.

" Uh, I was just going to my truck, I forgot something, but it isn't important," I said as she opens the door wider for me to come in. I looked around while walking in. Her place was so Solána. Walking further into the family room, I noticed a lot of pictures of her and Malik. Some of him holding trophies.

" How are you?" I didn't respond and kept staring at the pictures.

" That was last summer. He won MVP for the league." Turning around, I watched as she sat down. I'm sure there was a lot going through her head along with mine.

" What's his last name?"

" Rowe."

" Does he know that he's......" Staring down at the floor.

"No."

" Well, who does he think his father is? It better not be that bitch nigga, Dre!"

" I told him that I didn't tell his father about him." I sat down on the couch next to her and stared at her.

" Solána.... What happened?"

" I couldn't do it." Noticing the tears falling from her eyes, I wiped them away.