Chapter Three • Fake it till you make it

Ms. Lady gave Baldi an idea. He'll just pretend he's a changed man, that he'll play by the bosses rule, and gradually go back to his old ways.

He headed back to the school with a leap to his step, the school came into view and instantly brought back fond memories he had teaching his students basic math. His students were all great, he was proud to be their teacher, he may be strict but only so they would have a great future.

He reached the front door and entered, heading straight to the principles office. He passed by crowds of students headed to class in an orderly fashion just as the principle likes it. There was one student who ran by to get to class.

"No running in the halls!" A very familiar voice spoke with a certain level of authority that made Baldi shiver. He recognized that voice from anywhere.

The principle marched toward the delinquent student who was running in the halls. He had a finger raised ready to lecture him and lead him to detention. The principle locked eyes with Baldi, noticing his presence, before leading the student away to detention. Baldi's heart raced with anticipation, he hoped the principle would be willing to unsuspend him.

Baldi walked to the principles office and took a seat waiting for his charming boss. His heart started to beat faster, nervous about when the principle walks through the door.

The door opened, and the principle walked in, his shoulders seemed tense and when he saw Baldi he sighed.

"Hello Baldimore, didn't expect to see you here so soon. I expect you've learned you're lesson?" The principle said, getting straight to the point.

"Yes sir, I'm a changed man, this is your school and I'm here to follow your rules" Baldi recited what he practiced on the way over.

"Great! Unfortunately we already have a teacher here in your place, so you'll have to wait a couple more months before your suspension is over." The principle explained matter of factly.

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE-" Baldi took a deep breath. "I mean of course! Whats a couple more months"

The principle smiled a tight lipped smile. "Great! Well, as much fun as this is hanging out with my favourite teacher, I need to get back to work!" He shooed him off with his hands.

Baldi got up slowly from his seat, he looked down and clenched his fists frustrated that it wasnt so easy to get his job back. He thought if he came back here showing how he changed his suspension would be lifted, what more does the principle want from him.

It was then that Baldi got another idea. He would seduce the principle into giving him his job back. He knew the vibes he was getting before he was suspended. The principle was definitely hitting on him.

Instead of walking out the door as he should have he walked closer to the principles desk. The principle looked up from his paperwork with a raised brow.

"Is there something else you wish to tell me Baldi?"

"Yes." Baldi knocked all his papers and work supplies on the floor then crawled on top of the table.

"Baldi what are you doing!?" The principle said in a slightly raised but not yelling tone. Even when he was upset he refused to break any rules.

"Oh you know exactly what I'm doing principle. This is what you wanted all along isn't it." Baldi bit his lip and began taking off his shirt.

"Baldi no. What I wanted was for you to learn your lesson, and start playing by my rules." The principle glanced down at Baldis revealed stomach, then looked back up at Baldi. "I want you off my desk, and come back when you're actually serious"

Baldi slowly got off his desk. "I just want my job back principle, why do you have to be so difficult." He began walking out the office as the principle did not give him any response.

He looked back at the principle to see him on the floor gathering his scattered papers.

"Goodbye sir." Baldi closed the door behind him, making sure not to use too much force.

The hallways were now empty, and classes were still in session. Baldi was tempted to go back into the principles office and demand his job back, use more force. But he decided against that as it might backfire on him.

He walked down the empty hallways, heading towards the front entrance, when all of a sudden he heard a sound coming from behind him. He turned around and squinted at an approaching object. When it came closer he recognized it as gotta sweep.

The broom which is a suck up to the principle.

She came closer and bumped into him, pushing him down the hallways very fast. Sweep was just doing her job and Baldi was in her way.

"Gotta sweep sweep sweep!" Sweep said as she dusted the floors, making sure they were all clean.

"Ahhhh! Let me go sweep!" Baldi demanded, but his pleads went on deaf ears.

"Gotta sweep sweep sweep!" Sweep repeated, she kept going down the hall until she hit a dead end. Leaving Baldi far from the entrance of the school.

'This is just great'

"Oh hi Baldi. Didn't see you there" Sweep finally acknowledged his presence.

"Oh don't give me that. You knew I was there"

"You can't prove that. But now that I've got you here I do gotta ask. What's up with you and the principle?" Gotta sweep inquired innocently.

"I don't know what you mean, I was trying to get my job back" Baldi countered.

"If you say so... I'm glad to here it, since me and the principle kinda got something going on already!" That was in fact, a lie.

"Oh really? Well he's all yours, as long as I get my job back I don't give a damn who he's with" Baldi couldn't help but feel a little bit jealous that the principle already had his eyes on someone else, but he was too proud to admit it, plus he's straight as a ruler.

"He asked to meet up with me after school hours, something about cleaning the dusty corners. To a broom that's pretty much like a proposal" she continued gloating. Baldi tried to ignore her as he was trying to find his way to the front entrance and get out of this school. As much as he likes being at school, he doesnt like the way his heart clenched at the thought of the principle spending quality time with this broom.

Baldi sped up his walking in order to get to the entrance faster.

Once he was a fair distance away sweep gave up following him in order to dust another hallway. He looked behind him at the retreating broom.

He then looked ahead of him, seeing the principle get out of his office and lock eyes with him. The principle turned around and locked the door behind him. Baldi walked closer and cleared his throat.

"Hello Baldimore. I thought you'd be long gone by now, reflecting on your mistakes" the principles words felt like a jab to the gut.

"Yeah... Sorry about earlier, I wasn't thinking clearly."

"Apology accepted. That doesnt mean you're quite off the hook though, I'd like you to make it up to me" the principle took out a notebook of his which he uses to write out detention slips. He wrote something down then folded the paper. He slipped it into Baldis pant pocket.

Then he walked briskly away as the bell rang and students left class to go to the next. The principle surveying the hallways to make sure no one was running.

Baldi took the slip of paper out of his pocket, curious as to what it could be.

On the paper were a sequence of numbers written down hastily, the principle didn't have the most neatest handwriting, it was the handwriting of someone very busy and has no time to write neatly.

On the slip of paper was the principles personal phone number.