Chapter 9

The next day, Kate, and Charlie go to the house prepared for Wallie and Austin who were coming at 10 that morning.  Upstairs in her room, Kate grabbed a map of Kanesvill that she had, knowing they might need one for their mission.  When  10:00 came and Austin and Wallie arrived, the two friends then welcomed them inside Kate's house by showing them around. Once that was over, the four of them then walked upstairs to Kate's room.  There, the group brainstormed ideas on how they were going to retrieve the stone of Marie from Queen Olivia's Castle without getting caught.  In case they came upon any great deals, Charlie was ready with a pencil and paper in hand.Out of all the ideas that were brought to the table that day only one of them was one the whole group agreed on. That was Kate's idea, she suggested that once they reached the castle for Austin to use some of his superhero equipment to tie up the guards so the rest of them could go inside. Next Wallie, who would be dressed like a jester, would walk to the Queen's courtroom and would distract Queen Olivia by telling her some of his jokes. With all this taken care of, Charlie and Kate would secretly look around the castle for the stone. Once they found it, they would escape from the castle and would run back to town and put the stone where it belonged. When their meeting was over, the group left Kate's house and headed into town. In Town, the group went to Chealseas for breakfast, and then Wallie went to the town's costume store and bought a really cool Jester costume and wore it as they continued on their journey.  Walking through town on the sidewalk they could hear the loud sounds of cars as they zoomed across the street. As they walked Charlie reminded the group that it was important that no guard saw them leaving town and heading towards the castle. To prevent this, they tried to stay hidden the best they could. Following the map, the gang walked to the last building in the town and turned left down a short alley that transformed into a grassy field.   Walking farther away from Kanesvill, Charlie felt his heart start to race like he was a basketball player getting ready for a big tournament game. He did not know why, but for some reason, he felt that their plan for getting the stone might not work and the queen or her guards might catch them and lock them up in jail. Of course, he couldn't tell the group this because they are probably really determined to find the stone. Charlie thought that information like that would really bring their hopes down. Thinking this Charlie knew he had to face his fear and help them find the stone no matter what happens. Playing happily in the field the gang saw bunnies and deers. Beautiful flowers also accompanied them along with trees that were standing way out in the distance.   Way up in the clear blue sky Charlie looked up and saw different kinds of birds flying around. Observing all of this amazing wildlife reminded the boy of back home when he would draw pictures of animals in his backyard. As they walked the group looked around at all the beautiful creatures that surrounded them. A  gentle breeze greeted them as they progressed through the field.  It lightly brushed across the grass and flowers and made the tree leaves dance a little bit. Hopping around in the grass, and playing playfully was a white-furred bunny with brown spots.   When the group first caught sight of this animal, they were confused because none of the bunnies they saw looked anything like this creature.Ignoring this the group continued on their journey.  Walking through the field, Charlie thought about them finding the stone, and what that would mean for Kanesvill. He also went over the plan (for when they arrived at the castle) in his mind.  Although, this was all interrupted a few seconds later when he and the group heard the sound of hopping to the right of them. Looking, they saw the same bunny from before hopping alongside them in the grass.A few seconds later the bunny that was there had somehow quickly turned into a  deer. Seeing this Charlie and the group stopped abruptly and turned around facing the creature in total disbelief. They had so many questions about what they had just seen.  Then the deer quickly turned into a short boy with curly black hair and blue eyes. He wore a camouflage t-shirt and pants,   and a silver bracelet on his left hand.''HHHello'' Charlie said to the boy still puzzled.” Hi my name’s Robert Turner, what's yours?” he asked Charlie. The boy then introduced himself and his team. Charlie then asked Robert how he was able to turn into a bunny and deer.  Robert told him he can turn into anything he wants by thinking it in his head and tapping his bracelet, and then he demonstrated. After he was done demonstrating Robert as Wallie why he was dressed like a Jester. Then Charlie told him about their mission. “Cool,” the boy said. Suddenly, Charlie thought about how Robert was able to shapeshift. Charlie thought he could free some of the people who Queen Olivia wrongly imprisoned. Before asking him to join their team though, the boy asked the rest of the group.When Charlie did this,  the team thought about it and then said yes.Next, he asked  Robert if he wanted to join their team, and he said sure. Then  Charlie welcomed  Robert to the team, and the 5 of them continued on their journey.