A Very Heart-Filled Confession

Start from the beginning

Dad got his undersuit on, looking almost like a futuristic astronaut. I wasn't given any fancy fireproof clothes or a designated red suit, so I just sat there anxiously next to the sleigh waiting anxiously.

"Angie, I've been trying to find you hon'." I looked up from the floor, giving my anxious bouncing legs a break. Shirley dropped a large yellow and red present on my lap. "I have an early present for you. Something to get you through tonight."

"Oh, you didn't have to do that." I smiled up at her.

"Well I did, open it up." She winked back at me

Inside was a sparkly dark green velvet dress. When the lights from the workshop hit the fabric, the glittery soft fabric twinkled and shimmered, almost like ocean water. It was beautiful, like a dress some mythical creature... well, I guess that sort of included me now, would wear.

"I know you were disappointed about your one show dress not fitting anymore, so I drew up a new design and well, I tried to make something you liked, but I also may have "Shirleyfied" it a little." She smiled, pinching her fingers together. "Although, I may have gotten help from a certain someone." Shirley glanced over at Bernard, who was barking orders at the elves. "But you know, it'll keep you warm all the way up there in the cold air, but the skirt is also flowy enough to keep you cool... or dance... or whatever if you ever decide to wear it somewhere else-"

"Like a date?" I finished her sentence with a chuckle.

"You know me too well dear," She pinched my cheek. "Well you should go put it on. Go make his jaw drop."

"Shirley," I gave her a look. "You guys have to stop-"

"Angie, it is so obvious to everyone except you two. All I can do is help inch you along a little bit!" She seemed to be pleading with me, clasping her hands together dramatically.

I shook my head. "It's hopeless with you guys." I laughed, "But thank you Shirley, it's beautiful."

"Angie, the way you guys look at eachother, it's like you're everything either of you could ever want-"

"Shirley! Please, I want to try on my dress." I shook my head laughing. "And you're exaggerating, I'm sure it's not-"

"Oh come on Angie," Judy had come around the corner with an armful of carrots for the reindeer to have on some of our stops. "Don't even get me started. You know Bernard has been so crabby and lonely since you've been gone, I think it's about time you guys... you know, finally talk things out!" She also seemed to be pleading with me, her eyes desperate, as if she's been waiting so long for an update to finally come of our love story.

"Oh cookies and cream. Leave me alone you two!" I stood up with an embarrassed smile, taking my stuff with me. "I'm putting these on now!"

"Yes, please do!" Shirley ushered me forward with her hands.

"They're hopeless, aren't they?" Judy asked Shirley.

"I wouldn't say that quite yet."

I walked down to the nearest bathroom, changing in one of the stalls. The dress fell just to my ankles, showing just enough leg to model off a fashionable pair of white tights, perhaps a little flirtatiously, little intricate designed snowflakes stitched all over. It was off the shoulder, with gold lace trim around the neckline. The sleeves were long, tight at the top until they reached the elbow, then tapered out into a flowy wing-like sleeve. It fit me like a glove, and I did have to admit, I did feel very pretty in it. She had also stacked a pair of narrow pointed black flats on the top, with long wrapping straps to make sure they stayed secured around my ankles that I could tie into bows.