Chapter 1: The Dark Arrival

Six years, that's how long I've been here. In truth I never expected myself to be here that long but these six years have actually been quite peaceful, the other guardians and I got along with one another quite well but I still need to teach Kestral on how to properly train the dragonets. And speaking of dragonets, Kestral actually had two of her own in the past but unfortunately a Skywing named Scarlet killed them before she even got to know them.

I walk into the training cave and saw Kestral training with Clay who was trying his best to defend himself against her but failing.

Titus: Mind if I step in for a moment?

Kestral: Very well.

Titus: Clay come over here.

Clay ran over to me and I show him a stance meant for defence, once done I watch as the two continued to train and this time Clay can defend himself against Kestral's attacks, well most of them he still needs more training with the stance. While I was watching them I sensed someone behind me and already knew who it was, without looking behind me I duck my head out of the way just as Tsunami tried to pounce on me. She yelps as she accidentally crashed into Clay and the two rolled onto their backs with a groan of pain, that got them a chuckle from me and a giggle from Kestral.

Tsunami: I almost had you that time!

Titus: Yes, you almost did. You're getting better, I didn't sense you until the last second.

Tsunami: Ha! Beat that Glory!

We heard a huff of annoyance and saw Glory by the cave entrance.

Glory: He said "until the last second", beside I'm also getting a lot better at stealth.

Tsunami rolled her eyes and smiled at the young Rainwing, suddenly we heard cows and I assume Dune is back with dinner. Clay instantly jumped to his feet and ran to the dining cave, cows are his favourites. Tsunami and Glory ran after him a second later, leaving Kestral and I in the training cave.

Kestral: Energetic little brats aren't they?

Titus: Yes, yes, but you forget they are our energetic little brats.

Kestral rolls her eyes and gave me a smile, we soon went to the dining cave and joined everyone at the table. The table didn't have enough room so Sunny usually had to sit down on my lap, dinner went on as normal. Kestral and I talked about increasing the dragonets' training while Webs planned on giving them a quiz to see if they've been studying, Starflight listened to Sunny as she told him and Glory about the weird things she finds in the cave. But something is different, Clay was eating his dinner but he didn't have his normal three pieces of cow meat and Tsunami seems to be deep in thought. I'll ask them about the behaviour later.

Webs: Hey Titus? Mind helping with the questions for tomorrow's quiz?

Titus: Sure, but you're usually fine doing that alone?

Dune: Sounds to me that Webs wants some alone time with you~

Webs blushed furiously at that and I almost choke on my food, everyone laughed and I quickly change the subject.

(Time skip)

Well this wasn't how I planned on meeting Morrowseer for the first time, he was a large Nightwing that I'll admit but not the brightest. He immediately made me his enemy and we just met, glared at me then gave Glory a disgusted look.

Morrowseer: What is that?

Kestral: There was... an accident, we needed to get an egg an-

Morrowseer: From the Rainwings?

Kestral quickly points her tail at Webs, I've never seen her this scared before. Morrowseer must be some really cruel dragon to scare Kestral.

Kestral: He brought her here!

Webs: We have five dragonets, that's all that matters.

Morrowseer: Hmm...

He looked at all the dragonets and his eyes land on Sunny, another disgusted look morphed on his face and he growled.

Morrowseer: More like five and a half. What's wrong with you? Do you even eat?

Titus: She eats, she's a good fighter as well and nothing is wrong with her.

Clay: Yeah and so is Glory!

Morrowseer: Stop talking NOW!

We all fell silent waiting for him to speak, Morrowseer looks at me and I stared at him.

Morrowseer: And who are you and why are you here?

Titus: I'm Titanicus and I've been helping raise, train and educate these dragonets for the past six years.

Morrowseer: You aren't part of the Talons of Peace, are you?

Titus: No I'm not, I met Webs in the Rainforest on the brightest night and offered my assistance to these three.

Morrowseer growls in annoyance before facing the dragonets, he points two claws at Clay and Tsunami.

Morrowseer: These two will do.

He then points at Sunny.

Morrowseer: This one we will see.

He then glared coldly at Glory.

Morrowseer: As for the Rainwing, we'll deal with her later.

I don't know what Morrowseer meant by "Later" but my instincts knew, even if I was in a different body my Predacon instincts stayed with me and they were all screaming one thing.

"Must protect, Must protect younglings"

(Time skip)

I open my eyes to see that it was morning, Webs and I must have fallen asleep while writing the questions for the Quiz and speaking of Webs, where is he? I felt something under my right wing and I lift it up to see Webs cuddling close to me, I coo at him he's so cute. Not as cute as Soundwave but cute enough that my instincts told me to mark him as mine. 

Maybe next time, right now I need to prepare the training cave for the lesson I have with the dragonets. I stand up and yawn but just as I was about to head to the training cave, I heard Dune yell out my name at the cave entrance. I quickly woke up Webs then ran to the entrance to see the dragonets and Kestral, I look in front of them to see a Skywing in gold armor and some Skywing soldiers behind them.

Kestral: Scarlet!

Titus: Scarlet? As in Queen Scarlet of the Skywings?! The same dragon who...

Kestral nods still glaring at Scarlet while the Skywing Queen flashed a seductive smile at me.

Scarlet: Finally some recognition! Kestral, it's wonderful to see you again.

Kestral: Your business is with me! Let these dragonets go.

Scarlet: Now why would I do that? They're the Dragonets of Destiny and it's my destiny to play with them.

I felt Sunny and Starflight move under my wings out of fear while Glory, Tsunami and Clay shifted in discomfort. I look at Kestral and she looks at me, we both nod.

Titus: Too bad, you aren't laying a claw on any of them.

Scarlet: How sad but I do love watching dragons struggle. Guards, get them!

The Skywing guards try to capture us but Kestral and I held them off, I quickly told Webs to run and find the Talons of Peace. Kestral soon got captured by two guards and it took five guards to pin me down and capture me, three more guards captured the dragonets and brought us to Scarlet.

Scarlet: The dragonets will be a fine addition to my arena while a long awaited trial awaits you, Kestral.

She smiles at Kestral then looked at me.

Scarlet: I've never seen any dragon like you, you fight with amazing skill and it took five of my guards to bring you down. I wish for you to truly show me your skills.