[007] take me back.

CHAPTER 7

take me back.

OIZYS, MINHO, THOMAS, AND TERESA RUSHED TO THE ORIGIN OF THE SOUND. "Winston what are you doing, man? Give me that!" Frypan cried out. The group was frantic, those who had just arrived desperately asking what had happened. "I don't know. He just woke up and grabbed the gun and then he tried to..." Frypans attempted explanation was cut off by Winston.

"Give it back, please." He begged as he reached his arm out towards the group. The boy was on all fours, his breathing shaky. 

"Winston, are you okay?" Thomas asked as he crouched down to the boy. Winston suddenly vomited up a slimy black liquid, coughing up whatever he could to try and get it out of his system. Oizys looked on with wide eyes. The boy lied onto his back, gasping for air as the group walked closer. 

"It's growing..." Winston said as he pulled up his shirt revealing the wounds he had suffered from at the mall. They seemed infected, his blood oddly dark and his stomach extremely discoloured to black and blue; dark veins were travelling around his torso. "...inside me." Whilst some of the group looked away disgusted, Oizys felt tears forming in her eyes. The Gladers were silent as they looked at the boy unsure of what to do, him looking back up at them also silent. He lightly shook his head before he continued. "I'm not gonna make it." He said softly, his breathing heavy.

Tears began to fall from Oizys face, though she tried to hide it, it was no use. The boy reached up once again. "Please. Please." He said gesturing to the gun. "Don't let me turn into one of those things." He tried to reason. The group looked on unsure until Newt stepped up, looking at Oizys worried. Newt grabbed the gun from Frypan before he crouched down to the boy. Oizys couldn't help but turn away from the sight, her heart aching at what was occurring in front of her. 

Newt gently grabbed Winstons hand, placing the gun on his chest with his hadn't on top of it. "Thank you." Winston muttered. "Now, get outta here." 

"Goodbye, Winston." Newt said softly to the boy. The group slowly began to scatter, saying goodbye to him before picking up their belonging and walking away. Oizys looked on, not wanting to believe what was happening. Minho picked up both his and Oizys bags, deciding to wait just outside of the shaded area and out of ears reach for the girl to finish saying goodbye to her brother by affection. She watched as the Gladers left, one by one, until it was just her, Winston, and Thomas. Winston looked up to the boy who had tears in his eyes.