She refused to live out of a car with a two-year-old in this dangerous world.

Why did she have a baby with him? Being young and stupid. Mostly naive but in her defense, Adryan truly never showed his true colors and this narcissistic side of him until after she said yes to his proposal a year ago. Life with him has truly been hell, it was as if a switch went off in his head. He wasn't the perfect gentleman or man to her anymore. He was cold to her as if everything he showed her from when she was eighteen until now at being twenty-two years old was an act.

What Mila failed to realize is that what man that was thirty-two-year-old (when they met) didn't have any alternative motives with an eighteen-year-old. When they first met, she was a plus-size girl who never got male attention before him. She was easily manipulated and very naive to the point, she didn't see anything wrong with it at the time.

She was just happy someone wanted to give her the male attention and time of the day that she had never received from others.

As she got older and more wiser than her eighteen-year-old self, she realized she was being groomed. But she was too far in the relationship now, it wasn't as easy to leave now without her having a job.

She could just go with her parents but she didn't want to be a burden to them. She didn't want to let them down by not trying her best to win out of the situation first.

Only if plan A didn't work for her then she would go with plan B.

_________________

"Wassup baby," Adryan spoke tiredly, walking into the living room very sluggishly and his dirty work boots in his hands. Mila looked up from her phone at the sound of the voice, smiling a bit at him "Hey," She puckered up her lips for a kiss as he leaned down towards her.

After pulling back from the small kiss, she examined the 6'3 height man in front of her eyes. His uniform had black dirt marks all over the green and navy blue clothing, he had black dirt coating his dark brown skin tone. His facial hair was patchy from not having a haircut in a few weeks. "They overworked you huh?" She asked, pushing her body up from the couch.

Adryan shook his head letting a light groan of frustration escaped his lips "Hell yeah," He spoke, sounding exhausted as they walked into their bedroom. Adryan worked at a chemical plant farm, a tiring job that took twelve hours for four days a week. Also, the job that he didn't enjoy working at but it paid twenty-five dollars an hour, allowing him to provide for his family.

Adryan only worked at the chemical plant farm due to him getting injured when serving in the Army a year ago. He tore his ACL during some type of training and never went back. Mila of course didn't understand his pain or know the feelings he was living through but she wished he didn't give up so easily.

Not because after he got injured his character drastically changed but because he genuinely enjoyed what he did for a living. Serving the country, when he failed once he never tried again. Mila couldn't stand that, she thought he should've kept pushing to keep living out his dream.

She couldn't tell him that of course. It would just turn into yet another argument of him trying to find a way to call her a bad person for getting on him about giving up so easily.

"I can't stand that damn job, niggas don't be wanting to work foreal. All they want to do is play like this isn't a serious thing," He ranted, going straight into the bathroom after dropping his shoes into the bin for Mila to clean them.