Katara used her healing water on his chest over his heart. She focused on it as I watched his breathing. It was becoming more steady and less faint, it was working. Aang's eyes slowly opened as he groaned slowly reaching to touch his forehead. "You're awake!" Katara yelled happily as she hugged him tightly. She seemed like she was about to cry.

I gave them their private moment and left to tell Sokka and Toph the great news. "Sokka! Toph! Aang woke up!" I said happily as I jogged up to the two. They both stood up shocked then quickly switched to excitement, Toph trying to remain cool about it. We three went up to Katara and Aang.

"Where am I? What happened?" Aang asked as he tried sitting up.

"We're in a cave, in the fire nation. Azula hit you with a lightning bolt and you almost died. Katara saved you with the spirit water." Toph explained as if it was no big deal.

"Why are we in the fire nation?"

"No one would suspect us to come here, and you still need a proper fire teacher." Sokka said.

"Speaking of which, we need to go get new clothes for a disguise." I interrupted.

We snuck over to the closet house we found that had clothes outside drying. We all quickly grabbed clothes and ran back to the cave. Once we were changed into our clothes I did Toph and Katara's hair so they were fire nation styles. I looked at Aang and saw his outfit with his headband. "Why did you pick a school uniform?" I asked looking at him confused.

"I did? I didn't notice." He smiled nervously.

"He should go to school, it'll be a good way for us to see how the fire nation works." Sokka suggested.

"Uh hello? Walking fire nation guidebook here?" I motioned to myself.

"I think school would be fun." Aang spoke.

"All right let's get him into school." Katara smiled.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

Aang is now in school and promised he won't blow our cover, Sokka is getting sword combat lessons from a sword master, and Toph is scamming scammers. I found a pond near our cave that had turtle ducks, I sat on a log near the pond and threw bread crumbs to the ducks. They swam over and happily ate the bread pieces.

꧁𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔꧂

"Zuko aren't you giving them too much bread?" I asked worried.

We were feeding the turtle ducks in his courtyard as our fathers were in a meeting. "But they like it." He said as fed them more bread. They were noticeably full since they were eating much slower. Some have stopped eating completely. I took the bread from him and ate the last of it.

"Hey, what was that for!?"

"They're full, it's obvious!"

I looked back at the turtle ducks as they swam around cheerfully. They've always been my favorite animal. "(Y/n)?" Zuko called my name gently touching my shoulder. I hum in response as I still watch them swim around enjoying the water. Oh, how I wish I could do the same. "Are you ok?" He asked me. "Yeah, I'm just thinking about life." I mumbled, but it was loud enough for him to hear.

"Like what?" He asked more curious.

"Mostly the future. I don't want to be alone." I looked at him with a nervous look.

"You won't be alone, you have me." He smiled big.

"Yeah until you're busy doing royalty stuff." I rolled my eyes.

"Then... what if we get married so we can be busy together?" He asked innocently.

꧁𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔꧂

"(Y/nnn)? Helloooo?"

I was snapped out of my memory and saw Katara trying to get my attention. Her face was close to mine as she waved her hand in front of my face. "Huh? Oh, sorry Katara. I was lost in thought." I gave the last bits of bread to the patiently waiting turtle ducks. "What were you thinking about?" She asked as she sat next to me.

"A lot of things really. I'm mostly trying to plan out my life after the war. For both possibilities."

"Both possibilities?"

"Yeah, if Aang wins or loses. I need a plan for both."

"Aang won't lose, I know he won't."

"It's just precaution." I shrugged.

"So what's your plan?"

"That...I'm not sure of."

"Why's that?"

"Well, if he wins..where will I live? Do I go back to the fire nation and be alone, do I go back to the Northern Water Tribe and be alone? Or do I go to the Southern water tribe and be with my family?"

"I think you should do what your heart tells you to do."

"Aang said the same thing. But right now, my heart wants something it knows it can't have."

"And what's that?"

"Zuko to join our group, teach Aang fire bending, and help us against his sister and father." I nervously spoke.

She looked at me for a minute with an angry expression that would falter every once in a while. She was deep in thought. "If you can get everyone else to agree then I'll try to be nice to him. I can't guarantee it but I'll try. For Aang and for you." A huge smile was plastered across my face as I brought her into a tight hug. "You're the best little sister ever! Thank you!" She hugged me back and mumbled.

"He better not hurt you."

29 May

Dear Journal,

Today we left Ba Sing Se, once the Dai Li had officially taken over the kingdom it was longer safe for us to stay. Azula had found us once again and while I was sleeping due to overworking myself at the tea shop the rest of the group fought her. She had hit Aang with her lightning bending and put him into a coma.

Everyone thinks the avatar is dead. And for a while, we did too...

I took us into hiding in the fire nation, a risky yet sneaky move. Katara has been using the spirit water every day to try to heal and wake up Aang. Yesterday he had woken up so we celebrated and got fire nation clothes to disguise everyone.

We put Aang into a school once he had promised to not blow our cover. This was mostly a decision he's made but we all agreed because it helps us blend in more. Sokka felt like he wasn't contributing to the group as much anymore so he took on swordsmanship lessons from a sword master.

And for the great news of the day, Katara agreed to let Zuko teach Aang fire bending. Under one condition, he doesn't hurt anybody. I'm not sure what changed her mind or why she's allowing this to happen. But I don't want to question it just in case she takes it back.

I hope everything works out.