xix.

«Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress, Staring at the sunset, babe, Red lips and rosy cheeks, Say you'll see me again, Even if it's just in your wildest dreams, ah-ah, ha, Wildest dreams, ah-ah, ha»

'Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Version)'
Taylor Swift

irl, instagram

Today's is July 10. Unless you're living under a rock, you know that it's Mason's birthday. I know he was planning on going to Universal with a few of his childhood friends, which gives me time to go gift shopping.

I KNOW, buying my boyfriend a birthday gift ON HIS BIRTHDAY, is not the greatest thing I can do, but hey, at least I'm getting him something.

I got Brooke to take me to the mall, but we didn't find anything, so we went to Target (and you can never go wrong with Target). We ended up finding a shirt we thought he would like, a pair of shoes at the shoe store next door, and a lego set of flowers. I, Clover Jean Young, am a lego FIEND. I once built a 600 piece set in an hour and a half.

Sure, maybe that doesn't seem like a lot, but compared to the people I was up against in the building challenge, I did it fairly quickly.

I have maybe two or three more hours before Mason gets home from his theme park festivities and the lego set is only 550 pieces so I think I'll have plenty of time to finish it.

——

Mason arrived home around three and he almost immediately had to start getting ready for his birthday dinner. His family and I got his gifts ready on the counter while he was changing.

When he came downstairs, he was overwhelmed with us shouting 'happy birthday!' and phones being shoved in his face. "How does it feel to be 15?" Brooke asked. "Normal..?" he responded, looking at the gift bags and wrapped boxes before him. Then, he saw the flowers. "Clover, did you make these?" He looked at me with a sweet gaze.

"Yeah. I knew you'd be gone a while and needed a gift and a way to pass time. Brooke helped a bit too." He walked over and gave me a tight hug and then gave his sister one. "Thanks, guys."

"Open your others presents!" his mom exclaimed, showing the array of gifts to her phone.

After he opened everything, we all made our way to the restaurant. Once we were done with our food, a few waiters brought over a big cake with candles in it. They were singing happy birthday as they walked over to us.

When we got home, Brooke and her parents all went upstairs, leaving me and Mason alone. "Sooo, birthday boy, whatcha wanna do?" I asked, looking at Mason who was staring off into space. "Helloooo?" I said, dragging out the o. "Yeah? Sorry. We could watch a movie. Or we could bake something." he said, smirking at me.

I ran to the kitchen and immediately started looking up recipes. "We're gonna make a birthday cake. But it's gonna be cute!" I scrolled through Pinterest for an inspo pic. "Like this!" I showed him my phone.

"But we can do whatever flowers you want on top!"

"How about we do daisies?"

"Perfect!" I smiled at him and we began to get the ingredients.

I grabbed a few bowls and the hand mixer and preheated the oven. We worked together to make the mixing go by quicker. I put together the dry ingredients and Mason did the wet ones.

We put them together and I began to mix them all into one concoction. Mason greased the pan we were using. It was shaped like a heart and was absolutely adorable

We poured the mixture into the pan and put it into the oven. While it was baking, Mason pulled me into a hug. "Thanks for today. It was fun." I laid my head on his chest. (iykwim ily)

"I love you, Mason."

"I love you, too, Clover."

I looked up at him and we were both smiling. I stood on my tip toes and leaned in to kiss him. He leaned in as well, closing the gap between our lips. It was a short and sweet kiss but it meant everything.

While we waited for the cake to bake, we listened to Taylor Swift (per my request) and danced around the kitchen.

The timer dinged and we took the cake out and let it cool. I cut the around the top edges to make them even and we began to ice it. We used piping bags with purple, yellow, and green icing to make the daisies. Once we were done and the candles were lit, we called Mason's family down.

We all sang happy birthday and he blew out the candles. "Happy birthday, Mason!" We all shouted. Brooke ruffled his hair and grabbed the knife and some plates. "Who wants the first piece?"

 "Who wants the first piece?"

••

•••

••

•••

••

Liked by masonthamesofficial, therealsophiegrace, and 125,283 others

thecloveryoung happy birthday to my one and only! @masonthamesofficial (i'm still unsure why we used 16 candles and not 15)

*the creator has disabled comments*

a/n
The amount of times I opened this chapter and just stared at the blank page, trying to think of what to write, is insane. Hope y'all enjoyed bc writing it put me through hell 😻