xvii.

«She looks just like a dream, The prettiest girl I've ever seen»

'Something About You'
Eyedress, Dent May

irl, instagram

"CLOVER!" I heard the familiar voice of Becca shout from the hallway. "YEAH?" I shouted back. She opened the door, somehow knowing I left it unlocked, and flopped onto the couch. "Are you nervous?"

"I mean, yeah, it's not my first premiere but doesn't everyone feel a bit scared beforehand?"

"How would I know?" I laughed at her and she threw a pillow at me. "Jeez!" She glared at me before standing up and walking towards my bedroom.

"Whatcha doin?" She ignored me and opened the doors to the closet. At this point, I knew what she was doing. "It's not in there." Becca groaned and sat on my bed. "Cmon Vera, I wanna see your dress!"

"You will... tonight."

"You're no fun." I clutched my invisible pearls and gasped dramatically. "I am tons of fun!" I wiped a fake tear and sniffled, making Becca laugh. "Now shoo! We don't have much longer to get ready!"

Becca left in a hurry after checking her watch and realizing she only had three hours left until we had to leave and she wasn't ready at all. Not much longer after she left, my hair and make up crew showed up, along with my mom. She was the one with my dress.

"Let's get you premiere ready!" Jezelle, the lady who always does my hair, said, putting her hands in the air. I laughed a bit and sat down in the chair she brought.

About an hour and a half later, I was ready to put my dress on. I quickly changed and my mom zipped me up. "You look gorgeous, sweetie." My mom said, admiring me. "Okay, enough gawking. I want to see Becca!"

I ran out into the hallway and passed Jezelle and her crew, shouting a thank you at them. My mom was chasing me, yelling that I left my shoes behind. I ignored her and practically flew into the elevator. My mom got in and I pressed the third floor button a hundred times.

When the doors opened, I ran out, even faster than before, to Becca's room. My mom was struggling to keep up and eventually stopped running, facing defeat. I pounded on Becca's door and her mom opened it with a stern look on her face. "Thank you!" I said, out of breath. I sprinted past her and straight to Becca, who was doing her makeup.

"Jeez! Who chased you?" I laughed breathlessly, placing my hands on my knees, attempting to catch my breath. "Look- it's my dress." I managed to get out in between gasps. She shrieked and stopped doing her eyeshadow.

"IT'S SO CUTE! AND ALMOST IDENTICAL TO MINE!"

"STOP!"

She stood up from her chair and went to the closet. She came back with a black garment bag. She unzipped it, revealing her short, black dress. "I LOVE IT! WE'RE TWINNING!"

"Clover Jean, stop yelling!" My mom lightly shouted at me. "Sorry." It was silent after that until Becca and I burst out into laughter.

"Rebecca!" Mrs. Clarke said sternly. We stopped immediately. Becca's mom is really scary when she's upset.

"Finish your makeup! I can't wait for tonight."