xvi.

THIS CHAPTER IS 2 WEEKS LATER!!!!!!

«If I told you that I loved you, Tell me what would you say, If I told you that I hated you, Would you go away, Now I need your help with everything that I do, I don't want to lie, I've been relying on you»

'The Beach'
The Neighbourhood

irl, instagram

It's been a couple weeks since Mason confessed to me and we have barely spoken since. He knew I had a right to be mad, but it started to feel wrong after a bit. He couldn't help his feelings for me and wanted to get it off his chest. Why he was expecting me to support that? I don't know.

The guilt of not telling him how I now feel was eating me alive. Maddy didn't exactly like the idea of me telling him, considering my reaction to his confession, but Becca was completely on board.

I had Becca get Tristan and Mason agree to go to lunch with us, and surprisingly, they weren't suspicious. Tristan made the choice to go to the hotel's cafeteria because he "likes the mac n' cheese." None of us objected since he seemed very serious about eating there.

The three of us walked through the entryway to be met by Mason. He led us to a booth where Tristan sat, eating his mac n' cheese.

"Wow. You couldn't wait for us, huh?" Maddy scoffed lightly. "To be fair, you guys were like, ten minutes late." Tristan defended, reaching for his glass of ice cold coke.

"Why are we here anyway?" Mason asked, playing with the paper wrapper from his straw. "Clover wanted to talk." Becca blurted. I lightly punched her shoulder and watched as Mason's face lifted and his eyes glistened. "About what?" Tristan asked, oblivious to the situation.

"Um.." was all I managed to get out. "Mason, just go with her." Becca pointed to the glass doors that led outside. "Sure?" He said, standing up from the booth and waiting for me. He began to walk off and I followed. Not before mouthing an 'I hate you' to Becca.

When the door shut, he got straight to the point. "Whatever you have to say, make it quick. I'm not in the mood to get yelled at." I shut my eyes tightly at his remark. "Mason. I'm not here to yell at you. I need to tell you something." I took a deep breath.

"Over these last two weeks, I've felt insane guilt about my reaction to your confession. Sure, I had a right to be mad, but that didn't allow me to act like such a bitch. Thinking about hurting you, hurts me. Realizing that helped me realize that...

I like you. And I greatly understand if you want to yell at me and make everyone hate me because it's what I deserve at this point, but I just wanted you to know." I quickly spat out.

We stared at each other for a bit, completely emotionless, until a smirk made it's way across Mason's face. It quickly turned into a smile. "Vera, I could never be mad at you for liking me back." I smiled, then frowned. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not really looking for a relationship right now. We're still young and immature and we know just about nothing about relationships." He laughed and nodded his head. "I get it. So.. what do we do?"

"Let's just be us. If we want to make it something, we can, but for now, we can just go on with life." I smiled at him and he smiled back. "Sounds good." We walked back inside and the other three turned their heads. "How'd it go..?" Tristan asked. "Good." Mason said. "Safe to say we're friends again." I added.

Maddy squealed, climbing over Becca's lap to hug me. I laughed and hugged her back. "My mom wants to take us shopping soon so we'd better go, but I'm glad we made up." I smiled once more at Mason. "Yeah, me too."

"

Liked by masonthamesofficial, beccafclarke and 152,837 others

thecloveryoung friendship = everything

love these weirdos

a/n
There was going to be a filler chapter in between these last two but I didn't feel like making up a whole random chapter. Hope it's not weird that she was just super mad and now she likes him 😭

It totally is 💀🔫