Chapter 11.

Loving You Is Harder Than You Know

Chapter 11

Bryce’s P.O.V

“Are you ever going to hurt him?” Anya asked. I sighed. After a while she started asking me questions, it got really annoying.

“Never, he means too much to me.” I answered. I saw from the corner of my eye, Max’s expression change to almost, dreamy, is the only way I can explain it.

“Good, but if you ever do, be prepared for immense pain.” She said glaring at me.

“Ok Anya, that’s enough.” Max said. Anya sighed.

“Okay, well you pass the test,” She said. I suddenly felt relief. “For now anyway.” She continued with a smirk. My eyes widened. Too good to be true, I thought.

“Bryce,” Max whined. “Can we please go downtown?”

“Why do you want to go downtown so bad?” I asked. Anya went home a few hours ago and we ended up going back to my house. So it was just us two for a while.

“Because, I want to get a Red Eye.” (A/N Red Eye is an Australian energy drink.)

“Too bad, we have to stay home anyway.” I replied.

“Please!?” He asked, putting on his puppy dog face. I just laughed.

“That won’t work on me.” I said. He frowned then looked as if he just got an idea. He suddenly moved from the spot on the couch and straddled my hips, my legs in between his.

“Umm, Max.” I said.

“Please! I want to go get one.” He said again, loosely wrapping his arms around my neck. I gulped; he’s not usually this straight forward in one day.

“Max what are you-.” He moves his face closer to my, his lips brushing on the skin just under my ear.

“Please, it’ll only take 10 minutes tops.” He whispered seductively into my ear. A shiver went up my spine and I closed my eyes, wanting to let my body take over to pleasure, but I can’t. I opened my eyes and put my hands on his chest, slightly pushing forward.

“Max, as much as this is turning me on, which I think you could feel, we have to stay home until mum gets back.” I said. He frowned again at me and slumped down on my lap.

“Whenever I act like this there’s always a reason we can’t do this, or can’t do that.” He said. I sighed.

“I never said we couldn’t fool around.” I said with a mischievous look on my face. He grinned at me and pressed his body against mine. I looked into his eyes, suddenly feeling love more than lust. Not saying I didn’t want to kiss him, it just made me want to more. I pressed my lips against his, trying to put as much passion into as I could. He kissed back with as much force making my mind reel, already.  My arms found there way around his waist, pulling him closer to me.

His hands tangled in my hair, gently tugging on it once and a while. As much as it hurt to be close, because of my ribs, it didn’t stop me from pulling him even closer.  I heard a silent moan from him and I smirked. I ran my hands up and down his sides as he gently nibbled my bottom lip. I was about to open my mouth but someone burst through the front door.  We quickly pulled apart and looked where the slam came from. My mum and her new boy toy where there. I groaned and leaned back into the couch. Max gave me a questioning look.

“I’ll tell you later.” I said. He just nodded. I heard my mum laughed loudly, as if Harry I think his name was just said the funniest thing in the world; it was obvious they were drunk again. I pushed Max and I forward so we were standing and I held his hand and started walking toward my room, hopefully to be unseen. But of course, fate isn’t on my side is it?