Chapter 8/Part I

Loving You Is Harder Than You Know

Chapter 8

Bryce’s P.O.V

I woke up very cold. I looked behind me. No one was there and someone had stolen the blanket. I frowned, but then I heard some rustling under the bad. Confused, I rolled over so I could look under the bed. Max was there, covered in the blanket with his head poking out and working on something.

“Max?” I asked. He looked up and me startled and quickly hid what ever it was under the blanket.

”Max, what are you doing?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He said fast.

“Tell me.” I said. He shook his head. I sighed and got up.

“Fine, but I’m gone to go get some breakfast.” I said and started walking out my door, after putting pants on. I heard Max’s footsteps come close to me and we made it to the kitchen. Max went and sit down and I got out the ingredients for food. Which was fruit salad.

After about 10 minutes I finished. I slid Max’s bowl over to him and then the spoon. He started eating without a word. I rolled my eyes and started to eat. It turned really awkward and thankfully Siara walked in.

“Hey sis.” I said looking at her.

“Morning.” She said tiredly. She walked over to the coffee machine and waited for it.

“What are you doing up so early?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” She said and sat down next to me, and leaned her head on my shoulder.

She looked up at me. “I’m tired.” She whined. I laughed and patted her head. Max looked at us with this weird look. Like he was jealous? It almost made me laugh at the idea.

“So, Max. What did you guys to last night?” She asked. We both went quiet. I dropped my fork in my empty bowl and stood up, Siara falling over onto my chair. I put my dishes in the sink and went and sat in the lounge. I turned on the t.v. and just sat there. If only I didn’t ask him out. I’m stupid to think he would say yes.

I jumped when Siara sat next to me.

“What’s wrong?” She asked. My eyes clouded over and I gave her a sad smile.

”I asked him out last night.” I said simply. She nodded her head, telling me to go on. “He didn’t reply. Just sat there. He says he has to think about it.” I said. She gave me a smile and hugged me.

“It’ll be ok. I’m sure he’ll say yes.” She said.  Just as we pulled back Max walked in.

”Work it out.” She whispered before she stood from the couch and left for her room. Max hesitantly sat down next to me. That made me frown.

“Look.” I said. Max sighed and put his head in his hands. “I understand that you want to figure yourself out. But I just wished you had said something before we did all of that stuff.” I said looking at my hands, that were folded neatly in my lap.

“I know, and I really am sorry. I’m just not sure.” He said. I sighed and nodded.

I slightly jumped from the shock when Max pulled on of my hands out and held my hand.

“Look, I know I’m still trying to get my mind straight, but that doesn’t mean I don’t care for you.” He said. I smiled at him and squeezed his hand. He smiled back and rested his head on my shoulder. He sighed and closed his eyes.

“Remember. As soon as you know. Good or.. Bad.” I said. He nodded and we just sat like that for a while.

(*~*~*~*~*)

It’s been 5 days since the day I asked him out. I haven’t seen him since then and I’m starting to lose hope. I was sitting in my room, just laying in bed when mum walked into my room. She sat on  my bed.

”Siara told me.” She said. I nodded.

”Look, he’ll come around. You’ll see. And he has to anyway, it’s an arranged marriage after all.” She said. I smiled at her and gave a chuckle. She kissed my forehead and walked out, closing the door.  I sat up in bed and walked over to the computer.

I logged onto facebook and Max was online. My heart tugged but I decided to ignore it. I looked through my notifications but there was nothing new really.

After 10 minutes I was already bored. As I was going to log off I got an inbox. I opened it and it was from, you guessed it, Max.

It said I need to meet him at the park, just down the road from my house. I didn’t bother to reply, just log off and get my shoes on. I walked out the house and started walking to the park. I sat down on the swings and waited. It would take him a while to get here. And just then did my nerves kick in, Why does he want me here? Is he doing to tell me bad news? That he doesn’t love me? I shook my head, stop thinking like that. I thought.

I saw Max’s bike ride up and I pulled my hood over my head, half hoping he wouldn’t see me. But of course he walked right up to me. He pulled me hood down and made me look at him.

“I’ve made my decision.” He said. I nodded and stood up.

“Well, what is it?” I asked. He smirked and pulled me close to him, wrapping his arms around my waist. I hugged him back. We stood like that for a while until, eventually, we pulled back.

“Look, I know I’ve taken a while, but I had a lot to think about and was getting over Nick in the process.” He said. I nodded and was about to say something but he continued, “I’m sorry for not saying yes before, I now realize my feelings are stronger than ever and that. Well. I love you.” He said. It felt like my heart exploded. I have never felt so happy in my whole life.

“I may have only know you for a month or so, but I love you.” He finished. I planted my lips onto his and I felt like my whole being was put into his. So much emotion and love was held into that kiss, I felt like my lips were burning and that I was going to explode. I held him close to me, gripping onto him as if I let go he would disappear and this would all be a dream and it seemed he felt the same from the grip around my neck, pulling my head closer to his. I wanted to be closer but, so my hand slipped into his jean pockets and pulled him closer still.

We broke for air and I looked into his eyes.

“I love you too Max. So fucking much.” I said with a hoarse voice. He smiled and kissed me again. We let go, but held hands, wanting to keep contact and we started walking to my house and he walked his bike.