Chapter 8/Part II

Loving You Is Harder Than You Know

Chapter 8, Part II

Max’s P.O.V

I flopped down onto Bryce’s couch as he went to get drinks. My hand went to touch my lips and I smiled. They were still tingling from that kiss. That kiss, I sighed. It was amazing, so much emotion was put into it. I’m so glad that I said yes, I don’t even know why I had to think about it. Probably because of the whole Nick thing and only knowing him for like a month. But I can’t really get out of it, I mean we’re engaged.

Bryce walked into the room and handed me my drink. I smiled up at him.

“Thanks.” I said.

“No problem.” He said and sat down next to me. I leaned into his side and he wrapped his arm around my waist. Siara walked in and spotted us.

“So, I’m guessing he said yes?” She said. Bryce smiled and nodded. She looked from me to him and back and ran at us and hugged us. I was being squished but smiled anyway.

”I’m so happy for you guys!” She yelled and got up like nothing had happened and walked into the kitchen. I shook my head in confusion but laughed as did Bryce. I sipped my drink and then my phone went off. I groaned and looked at the caller I.D. It was my mum.

“Hello?” I asked into it.

“Sweetie, you and Bryce have a meeting today.” She said.

“What type of meeting?” I asked.

“For your wedding silly. I’ll be there in about 10 minutes to pick you up.” She said and hung up. I looked over at Bryce.

“Mum said we have a meeting or what ever about the marriage and she’ll be here in ten minutes to pick us up.” I said. Bryce’s eyes widened but then went back to normal.

“Ok, well I better get ready.” He said and got up, dragging me up as well by my hand.

He looked through his draws and ended up pulling out his red skinny jeans and my The Ready Set shirt and got changed. I smiled but I couldn’t help but stare. He looked at me and laughed. I looked away and blushed. He put on my shirt, walked over to me and hugged me. I hugged him back, wrapping my arms around his lower back, pulling him closer.

We just sat like that for a while before we heard mums car go off. We walked down stairs and outside. I hoped into mums car and so did Bryce. We sat next to each other in the back and I rested my head on his shoulder. Only then did I realise how tired I was. I yawned and closed my eyes and Bryce lightly chuckled, causing his body to shake.

“Max.” I heard someone say and shake my shoulder. I groaned and dug my head into whoever's chest I was laying on.

“Max, get up!” I hear my mum yell, though I still didn’t open my eyes.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get him up.” I heard Bryce say above me. Since when was he here?

He grabbed my chin and tilted my head up. I shut my eyes more form the sun that was shining through my eyelids. I suddenly felt a pair of lips on mine. I kissed back, knowing it was Bryce, but he pulled back. I whimpered and he chuckled.

“We have to get up now. Come on.” He said and pulled me out of the car. I sleepily rubbed my eyes and slowly opened them.

“Aww, that was so adorable.” Bryce said. I groaned and hit him on the arm. He laughed because it was a very weak hit. He held my hand and mum, Bryce and I started walking to the building. As Bryce pulled me along I caught up to him by the time we reached the sliding door.