"Aye'ni!" Charlotte scolded, slicing the fish "stop encouraging it!"

"Ah not even the biggest viper wolf could down her down" he sat next to her and she giggled.

"Blow the candles out please I want to see the stars!" Ivy begged.

The stars, oh how she loved the stars, she could watch them endlessly, her mother came from the stars, she didn't talk about it often, no matter how much Ivy wanted to know, Charlotte would never hold back knowledge from her, but this time she did.

Ivy knew the horrors of the sky people, about the destruction and devastation the humans caused, but Charlotte never went into detail.

"We can eat first then you can star gaze" Charlotte told her bringing a leaf of fish towards the young girl.

Ivy squinted her eyes up at the sky, there was something she'd never seen before, and she had the sky fully memorised from hours of gazing, it was brighter than any other star, and much bigger "mama?" She pointed a finger up at it.

Charlottes eyes flickered up and she let out a gasp and dropped the leaf of fish, making Ivy jump "what is it what's wrong?" Aye'ni asked sensing the tension.

Ivy had never before seent that look in her mothers yellow eyes, they were wide with pure horror, their usual spark had vanished in a whirl of anxiety, and been replaced with terror.

"U-um" Charlotte stuttered, looking down at her daughter who was squinting at the new bright light "Ivy baby, give us some time to talk"

Ivy was confused, as she stood up, her mother was never anxious, not like this at least. Something was wrong, very wrong.

She hopped down the ladder and let her feet drop into the soil, above she heard hushed voices, she could detect the tension.

She looked around the glowing landscape, the bioluminescent plants and flowers decorated the landscape in delicate glimmers, painting the forest in various bright shining colours in such detail, Ivy and set off trying not to think about it her parents strange behaviour.

Of course she thought about, she was always thinking, her brain never shut up, she'd try meditating but her mind was constantly overflowing with thoughts, like a million tabs open at the same time, relentlessly fighting to be the same thought.

Was it an explosion in the sky? Perhaps some kind of supernovae? That was gonna send a deadly gamma burst and kill everybody? "Shut up Ivy" she muttered to herself.

She approached a tree, it was her special tree, at night the leaves glowed a pinkish-purple, illuminating the ground, it was so ethereal to her just like every part of her home, it was magical.

She lay by the tree trunk and looked at the sky through a patch in the leaves, it was almost as if the light was getting brighter and closer, when she noticed this she immediately scrambled up and her large pale eyes widened in fear, could it be what she thought it was-

CRASH!

Her head snapped to the ground besides the trunk of her favourite tree as she scrambled back, the sight was not at all what she was expecting it was another Na'vi...illuminated in the pink light.

Her hand instantly grabbed her knife and she crouched bearing her teeth and fangs ready to pounce, the Na'vi which she had now identified as male rubbed his head "ow"

The she remembered what her mother told her "if you ever see somebody else Ivy, hide your fourth finger, it is crucial"

She tucked her pinky in and placed her other hand behind her back out of sight, the boy jumped when he saw her and she hissed threatingly, when his yellow eyes layed on her shine of the river crystal knife he quickly raised his hands.