"That's how I knew about it, actually," Namjoon hums. "It was in the art gallery because he was giving it away for free. It said your exhibition was here, so I flew in."

"Oh," you say, surprised. "I thought you had a show or filming."

"Nah," Namjoon sighs. "I came here for you. Otherwise I wouldn't know where to find you, or how else to see you. You stopped... you stopped showing up. You just disappeared."

"I know. And I'm sorry."

It's all you can say, really. You didn't expect to see him here, but when you saw a familiar face enter through the doors, your heart stopped. You had a feeling Mr. Hong had told Namjoon about your exhibition - your first in 4 years. But nothing would have prepared you for this - seeing him again after you walked away from the one good thing you found in your life. You watched him from afar as he went through each of your pieces, perhaps savoring them, remembering them.

"Have you been well?" He asks, the concern still overpowering everything.

"I have."

"You seem to have lost someone," he says, nodding towards one of the pieces. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"She was my neighbor when I spent 8 months in Sweden," you share. "She took care of me but then she passed away due to an accident. It was hard for a while."

"I–" Namjoon reaches out his hand - for comfort, perhaps - but he brings it down. "I wish I knew."

"It's okay. And I'm okay. It's been a year, but I wouldn't have finished all this without her."

You'd forgotten how silence sounded like with Namjoon, and you want to remember what it was like. You remember a lot of things, actually, like his laughter, his voice, his smile, the feel of his lips on yours, and many others.

"How long are you here for?" You finally ask, as you both walk side-by-side past the rest of the artworks inside, with a bit of distance between you.

"I'm here for 3 more days."

"I stay at the hotel next to the building," you say, being bold. "I leave here in 2 hours."

You fumble for your room key and discreetly hand it over to him. "3802, if you want to. I have more to say, and I– uh, shit. If you're seeing someone, forget what I said."

"I'm not," he answers. "I'll be there."

**

Namjoon watches the city from your full-wall window, wondering when you'd decide to finally speak beyond a greeting. It's been 10 minutes since he arrived at your suite with the key you gave him, and you haven't said anything since then.

"The buildings aren't the same here," you finally say. "I've been here for 3 months and the sounds of the cars are too loud, there's too much smoke, people don't smile... I don't have anyone here."

"Then why are you here?"

"I decided to finish some of my pieces in the city. I've been staying at one of my parents' apartments not far from here."

"And where were you before that?"

"Puerto Rico, Greece, Sweden," you answer.

"When I said to find ourselves, I didn't think you'd actually leave, and then not tell me about it," he laments. "I knew it was stupid to wish you'd stay close. You weren't in any of the places where I used to see you, where we used to go. I... I asked around but they said you haven't visited in so long."

"I couldn't stay," you try to explain. "I couldn't because it just meant waiting for you to come even if I was the one who walked away. And I knew I wouldn't be able to find myself in a place where I'd always be looking for you, and so I had to go. I'm so sorry, Joon. I–"