03

2021, winter

There's a warmth in Namjoon's home that's hard to replicate. Filled with his favorite art pieces of all forms, he said he curated it to reflect his emotions just as much as his tastes. It's clean and well-organized, with books on shelves and stacks on the floor, and an entire area full of liquor - his new interest, he'd said.

He's had you over several times already; the first one, barely a week after that long walk home. You both spent hours that day talking about his favorite artists, and it wasn't enough, as he asked you back the next day.

You often talk about your childhood, one that you weren't always comfortable sharing, but being with him makes it easy.

It's easy when he looks into your eyes when you speak, as if he's telling you that he knows you say more than words. It's easy when he's got his own stories to share - stories of vulnerability and honesty, of fear and confusion. It's easy when he still stutters over words sometimes and then gets lost in his own ramblings, then he chuckles when he realizes he's talked so much, and you tell him that it's okay because his voice is calming and his thoughts are a breath of fresh air.

It's easy when his presence is comforting, when his anecdotes about his friends and family make you laugh until your insides hurt. It's easy when he makes you feel like you can question everything about your art and your purpose and your abilities but he never makes you feel like a failure. It's easy when he smiles and laughs nervously, when he's funny without meaning to, and when he makes sure you're comfortable by always having your preferred tea and biscuits next to the wine you once said is your favorite.

The only time it gets hard is when he stands a little too close as you look up at a painting or a book on a shelf. You could feel the heat from his body; a slight movement and you'd be touching, mere cloths in between you. It's hard when his arm brushes the slightest bit against yours. It's hard when he gazes at you when there's silence, and it's like he's studying your face before you call him out and he apologizes because he "can't stop looking at pretty things."

It's hard when he hugs you goodbye and he wishes you a safe ride home. It's hard when he sends you a message right after, saying he wishes you both had more time.

Being attracted to Namjoon is hard; being attached to him is torture.

"You're looking for him again," Minji states the obvious as you walk around the gallery, your eyes darting to the door every time the bell rings.

"No I'm not," you deny. "He just got back from his trip abroad and he's tired. He won't be coming here."

"Doesn't mean you wish he would," she smirks. "But why rendezvous here? You guys go to each other's houses. And no one goes to your house... aside from me."

"We can't exactly see each other in public, you know?" You glare at her. "But... I don't know, it's nice to see him look around and talk about what he sees. I feel like I learn more from him. And that's weird, isn't it? This is my field. The arts have been my entire life, but I'm learning more about it from him."

"What is it about him?" She wonders.

She doesn't say that she's noticed more life in your eyes since he came into your life. She doesn't say that she's noted that you take more time creating pieces, seemingly savoring the process unlike the way you used to. She doesn't mention the smile that she hasn't seen in all the years that she's known you.

"Passion is sexy, you know?" You giggle. "He has so much of it, it's inspiring."

"Is that all?" Minji smirks.

"He's also fucking gorgeous. I try not to ogle him but I think he's noticed. Fuck me."

"Maybe he wants to."