𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

"Eda! My human friend is staying the night!" Luz exclaimed.

"Alright kid! Just tell her we're going on a mission later and get your ass down here!" Eda yelled in reply.

"Eda! Language!" You heard Hooty say, before lecturing Eda.

"This place is quite the mad house if I do say so myself." You noticed while chuckling.

Luz laughed as well before asking, "Hey! What if you came along with us for whatever Eda has planned?"

"Ah, I would- but I don't want to interrupt 'team bonding', you get me?" You spoke and asked while lightly elbowing her.

"But you could join our bonding session!"

"Hey, don't stress it so much! You know Eda and King better than I do, and I can stay behind and set up our sleepover!"

"Yeah I guess. Wait- I never told you King's name."

"Oh! Ah- ehehe well I uh- overheard it?" You spoke as more of a question.

"Luz! We gotta go get King's crown!" Eda interjected, ending the banter.

"See you later Luz! Bye!" You said ever so energetically while pushing Luz out the door.

"Phew! Now that that's taken care of, I can set this up and explore! Even though I know basically every inch of this place. Not in a weird way of course."

You began to gather "supplies" and snacks, of course, to add to your little sleepover set up. As much as you'd love to stay at the Owl House, you know the future financial lack they come across in the future and don't want to burden them.

After finishing your sleeping quarters, you began to wander around the front living room and came across Hooty.

"Hello human! What's your name? My names Hooty! Wanna draw on me?" The owl tube asked while stretching his body in a strange way.

"Oh! Hey Hooty. I'm y/n. And I don't think I should draw on you. As the others would have to clean it up." You replied with a pitiful smile.

You continued your walk out the front door and began to wander the gorgeous streets of the Boiling Isles. In your opinion, this all felt like some sort of rigged fever dream. Rigged to make you hate your other life more.

Almost by habit, you pulled out you phone during your walk. You checked your wifi and quickly realized that there would be no way for you to communicate with the human realm. Albeit unfortunate, it also gave you a chance to make friends with people other than your phone.

Putting it back in your pocket, you admired the streets and stands of Bonesborough. (please tell me that's spelled right-)

You walked until you eventually came upon the castle. You're not gonna lie, it was extravagant. But the fact that the man it belonged to was so undeserving infuriated you. He didn't deserve all the praise. All he really is is some homocidal maniac.

You began to walk up to the castle, but quickly realized there would be absolutely no way you could sneak past that many scouts. So instead, you went around the side.

Noticing a high up window, you decided that would be your best way in. You drew a plant glyph in the dirt by memory and were quickly hoisted up by vines.

While being pulled up, you heard shuffling from the room above. But you payed no mind to it.

At the window, Hunter had thrown on his mask without his cloak, as he was using what little of a break he had to rest without the armor on. But of course some intruder decided to interrupt that. He stood at the window sill, waiting for the criminal to appear in front of him. An easy catch, he assumed this would be.

But when you reached the top of the wall and used the sill of the window to pull yourself up further, you were not expecting the Golden Guard inches away from your face.

"...Hi there?" You spoke with an embarrassed smile, feeling your face go up in flames.

"And what might you be doing at the castle, human? Last time I checked, I wasn't on for visitors." Hunter spoke with a stern tone while crossing his arms.

"Oh! That! Ahaha.. no reason?" You flushed more with embarrassment and scratched the back of your neck awkwardly.

"..and why haven't you backed up yet?" You continued.

It seemed only then did Hunter notice your close proximity and scramble away while a pink tint spread across his cheeks and ears. While the ears part was very visible to you, you didn't spare it a glance, scared for your safety.

"No reason! And don't change topic! Why are you at the castle human!" Hunter spoke skittishly.

"Like I said, it's basically none of your business." You retorted while crossing your arms and turning your head.

"It kind of is my business, since you're in my room and I work and live here." Hunter replied with an equal amount of sass and annoyance.

"Welp! I'm just gonna make my way in?" You said cautiously.

"Yeah. No." Hunter replied.

Oh boy, if you didn't know that he had a pretty face under there, you so would've thrown hands.