Ch. 2

Y/n's POV

The next morning, I woke, remembering that today wasn't like the others. The sun had barely begun to rise and the rest of my family continued sleeping as I quietly exited our home. 

Stretching once I exited, I then began to walk along the bouncy bridge that we used as pathways above the water. I hopped off of it onto the cool morning sand, wiggling my toes around with a smile on my face. 

I walked into the cool water until I was fully submerged before rising and pulling myself up onto the rocks. I carefully walked, avoiding the sharper rocks, and made my way to my flat stone. But when I arrived I realized that I had an unexpected visitor.

I accidentally let a surprised "Oh!" making it known to the person that I was there. Neteyam turned around and seemed to be surprised that I was there. 

"Y/n?" He questioned, as he looked back at me.

"What are you doing at my spot?" I ask with a curious smile.

"Oh, this is your spot? Sorry, I didn't know, I'll leave." He said apologetically, beginning to turn to stand.

"No, no you can stay, I'll just join you," I say, lowering myself down next to him.

There was a silence that passed as I watched over the horizon. I could see Neteyam watching me out of my peripheral vision.

He didn't stare for too long before he turned his head to watch the sunrise as well.

"I wouldn't have come here if I had known this was your spot. It's just I woke up this morning and couldn't return to sleep so I just walked out and continued till I found this stone. I noticed that it was somewhat hidden and decided to hang here for a bit. It's quite peaceful."

I turned to him and nodded my head. "Why do you think I like it so much?" I laugh and he joins in.

We quiet down again and watch as the sun shows itself over the water's horizon.

"Did you have a good night's sleep?" I ask turning myself towards Neteyam.

"I did, I was quite exhausted."

"I bet. How are you feeling so far? I mean, with moving and everything?" I ask.

"Well, I definitely miss my home but my dad said that we had to try and learn to love this place." Neteyam reminisced of his old home with sadness growing in his eyes.

"For what it's worth I hope you grow to love our lands too. Even if where we come from is very different, you must see the beauty to truly know what you feel for it." I talk in a soft tone, Neteyam nods at my words as he looks into my eyes.

"I will try, we've barely even arrived so there are still many things to learn."

"You are so certainly right about that." I let out a light laugh as I think about the events that are soon to come.

We sit until the sun is completely over the water's edge.

"We should probably return before our family begin to wonder where we are." Neteyam suggests as he stands.

"You are right. Plus you need to get well fueled for the lessons today. Me and my siblings will meet you guys where the sand meets the water for lessons. See you soon Neteyam." I cheer with a bright smile. And with that I skip off toward where my family is.

"Good morning Y/n, where have you been? We awoke and saw your spot was empty." My mother asks, preparing breakfast.

"Just watching the sunrise on the flat rock." I speak, telling only part of the truth. It's most likely better if I don't say that I was with the forest boy as my mom wasn't completely accepting of them yet.