Chapter 22 - Her Paranoia [Part 1]

The news of the male lead's luxurious birthday banquet spread all over the class.

Gender didn't matter, everyone wanted to participate.

Lin Shu smiled, arrogantly looking over those excited, eager faces.

A girl comes over to Shen Man and whispers, "Monitor, do you know who Shao Qi invited to his birthday this year?"

Shen Man shakes her head with a blank face.

The girl's lips twitch in reluctance, then she looks at Lin Shu, her tone full of jealousy, "Look at how pleased Lin Shu is, she's definitely going."

"Class Monitor, Shao Qi probably invited you too. After all, he gave you a gift last time." After saying this, her jealousy grew.

Shen Man smiled faintly and said, "Why don't I ask Lin Shu for you?"

A sliver of fear appeared on the girl's face. Not wanting to offend Lin Shu, she urgently shook her head saying, "No, no."

After that, she ran away.

Shen Man takes a quick glance around the room.

Many girls in the class casted hostile, jealous gazes towards Lin Shu, but she still didn't change her arrogant ways. On the contrary, her smile became more and more provocative, not taking these people seriously.

Lin Shu's family has a high status, and she was also given the role of an arrogant and domineering villainess. Of course, she usually acted like a spoiled young lady around her classmates.

In addition, the outstanding second male lead Tan Kai is on her side. Many of her classmates have complaints about her, but they didn't have courage to show it in front of her.

Meanwhile, Shen Man did not have a problem with Lin Shu's attitude.

In her opinion, Lin Shu is just a spoiled daughter of a rich family. She seems petty and scheming, but is kind of dumb. Maybe she has a venomous mouth, but she hasn't done anything out of line.

But as a somewhat kind person in the beginning, Lin Shu ultimately became a hateful villainess, all for the male lead.

Thinking of her undisguised love towards the male lead, Shen Man frowned.

During this period, she spoiled Lin Shu and gave in to her demands, but she didn't seem to change Lin Shu at all.

On the contrary, the disgust and resistance Lin Shu had towards her was very clear.

The two's peaceful relationship depended entirely on her care and tolerance.

Lin Shu was enjoying the jealous looks of the people around her until she felt a strange gaze.

She turned around and met Shen Man's dark eyes.

Lin Shu's heart tensed and she glared back.

Shen Man laughed, standing up.

Shocked, Lin Shu's heart beat faster.

Watching Shen Man sit down next to her, she raised her head high and asked, "Why're you sitting next to me?"

"I want to sit with you, Shushu." Shen Man answered with a smile and gentle eyes.

Lin Shu's eyes flashed, then she pursed her lips and turned her head away.

The classroom suddenly quieted down as everyone looked towards the door.

Tan Kai and Shao Qi made their entrance, shoulder to shoulder.

Tan Kai had a cheerful smile while Shao Qi put on his cold expression.

Shen Man's eyebrows jumped with a trace of surprise.