𝐎𝐍𝐄

"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by discomforts," —Arnold Bennett

I. The Curious Little Mermaid

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"Come on, Issa, faster!" the young siren called out to her friend, who was not that far away from her. She ran through the forrest, feeling the air run through her hair and skin. The sun shined through the leaves of the big trees, giving the slightest of warmth.

It was times like these that made Coralee feel so alive. Sure, she was running away from her parents and doing exactly what she was told not to do, but that's just part of life, right? Teenagers and young adults always disobey their parents' orders to be more independent.

Well, that may be true in cases like sneaking out to go to a party— not sneaking out to go see a very dangerous species. But we all know how stubborn and curious this little siren is, so there she went on her fiftieth attempt of getting out of Mageía.

A few feet away from her was her best friend, the one and only Larissa. She wasn't as enthusiastic as the beaming siren in front of her. She was actually just there to make sure Coralee doesn't do anything that stupid.

"You do know your gothy boyfriend is looking for you, right?" the young succubus girl pushed away some branches that were in her way. She glances up to see Cora starting to walk backwards to face her.

"I know. Let him. I'm a grown fish. I have two perfect feet and I know how to take care of mys—" without finishing that sentence, the girl let out a yelp as she tripped on a rock she couldn't see. Thankfully, Larissa stepped in to the rescue and caught her just in time.

"Yeah, calm down little mermaid. We're here," Larissa nodded ahead of them, helping her friend stand straight. Both girls turned around to face the most beautiful waterfall they've ever seen. But it's not just any waterfall— no, it's the gate that separates Mageía from the humans.