Chapter 1

Info... Andy and Robert have been married for ten years, but together for twelve. Andy left being a captain at 19, and Robert took over for her. The station knows that she's married to a firefighter, but nothing else.

Andy and Robert have been trying to have a baby for over eight years. She's had seven miscarriages. They have gone through several IUI () treatments. All they want is a baby or even a family.

When they started trying for a baby, they decided to build their own house. They built a six bedroom and five bathroom house. Every year, Andy and Robert will look into vehicles. They own two vehicles right now. They own a 2016 Honda CR-V and a 2018 Honda Pilot.

Story... Today, Andy is leaving 19 for a while. Right now she's captain, and she's taking two years of leave. She's planning on doing a couple of IVF cycles to see if she can get pregnant and stay pregnant.

On her last shift, she introduced their new captain, which is her husband Robert Sullivan, and she then left. The team is confused about why she's taking time off, but she told them she needed time away and space. So, they said goodbye.

One Week into her Leave... Today, Andy started the IVF process. Lucas knows that they are getting ready to start IVF and that they will tell him everything when they're ready. Getting ready and starting the IVF process took a month. The process has been long and difficult. However, it's worth it whatever happens to them.

One cycle takes three weeks. From one cycle they were able to retrieve thirteen eggs, and then they fertilize them which takes five days. In the end, she had seven embryos. Which is good. It took a month to get to this point.

Two Months Into Leave/ 3 Weeks After Transfer... Today they get the results of the IVF cycle worked. Yesterday, Andy went to the fertility clinic for a blood pregnancy test and was told to take a urine test the next morning. Three weeks ago, they implanted three eggs. That made her have four eggs left in storage.

Today, Robert is on shift, so, she had to take the pregnancy test alone. She got up and took three pregnancy tests. She put it on the counter, set a timer, and came back two minutes later. When she came back, they all said "Positive." When she saw the word positive on all three of them, she almost passed out. So, she sat down.

After a few minutes, Robert came thru the door and saw her crying. Conversation... Robert: What's wrong? (Andy holds up the pregnancy test.) Andy: It's positive. I'm pregnant! Robert: Really? Andy: Yes. I took three tests. Robert: I can't believe it. Andy: I'm terrified that I'm going to lose the baby. It's happened so many times. Robert: Me too. Everything will be okay. (Robert holds Andy.)

Around ten-thirty, they get ready and head to their appointment. They arrive, check-in, and are taken to a room. Andy's fertility doctor is named Nadia Baker. She also specializes in being a regular and high-risk OB/GYN. Plus, she's also trained as a fertility doctor. So, she'll take care of Andy her whole pregnancy.

After a few minutes, Nadia came into the room. Nadia: Congrats, Andy. You're going to have a baby. Andy: The tests didn't lie? Nadia: No, they didn't. How are you doing? Andy: I'm terrified because we've gone thru this before. I got a positive test result, I came in for the first ultrasound, and I learn that the baby stopped growing. So, I'm terrified. Nadia: We have gone thru this before. However, we put three eggs in you that we're at two weeks gestation. So, we're going to do an ultrasound, and see how many eggs took. Andy: Okay. (They go into the ultrasound room, and Nadia does the ultrasound. It takes a minute, but she finds the baby.) Nadia: There's Baby A and B. They appear to be identical twins, but I'm not positive. Those are the heartbeats. They're too little to hear, but you can see them beating. They measure right about five weeks. (Nadia looks around and her face goes blank.) Andy: What's wrong? Nadia: There's a third sac. (Nadia measures the sac.) Andy: Triplets? Nadia: Andy, I'm sorry, but there's no heartbeat. We lost the third baby around four weeks. However, you have two healthy babies. So, let's go back to the room. Andy: Okay.