98﹒⪩ 𝗆𝗂𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗅𝖾

It wasn't easy for many to settle after their loss

It wasn't easy for many to settle after their loss. They had to mourn but they had to isolate those feelings until everything was over before letting them free. Master Makarov's noble action had cleared out most of the mindless warriors in the field, but there were still a few that needed to be dealt with. Even if they were less, their strength and vulnerability was expected to be still the same, a challenge that Fairy Tail mages still needed to overcome in order to achieve their goals. While they waited for the First Master's orders, Rose let go of Laxus' hand so she could take care of the throbbing pain coming from her right arm. She brought her left hand over her right injured arm, using her magic to slowly get it in a better condition for what was still to come. Golden light magic coated her right arm from her fingertips up to her elbow, the magic slowly making its way inside the wounds before slowly closing them. Rose attempted to close and open her hand multiple times but instantly stopped when she felt the pain taking over her arm with a wince. The brunette let her magic keep doing its work and kept moving her hand when she felt it was necessary. Rose wasn't planning to give herself full treatment, she still had a long way along with her guildmates but she needed to be in decent shape for her to be able to fight until the end.

"Wouldn't that make it worse?" Laxus asked her with concern while carefully looking at the way she moved her arm from where he was standing.

Rose looked at him for a second with a tiny smile on her rosy lips before paying attention to her arm. "I'm actually making it better." She said while closing and opening her hand once again, the pain being more tolerable than before. "I can't heal it completely, but at least it will be enough for me to fight properly later." She added the moment she stopped using her magic, feeling dull pain when she closed her fist or moved her arm around but it was bearable. The brunette turned around to face him, her golden eyes traveling up until they met with his blue/gray ones. "How are you..." She started saying but her question was cut short when Laxus shook his head saying 'no', her eyes softening at his response. "Okay." Rose softly said to him while holding one of his hands and resting her head against his arm.

Laxus was taking things so peaceful and losing someone so important as his grandfather wasn't something that could be taken so lightly. It always helped her when she was going through a hard time to talk to him and Rose wanted to do the same with him, hoping that it would have the same effect on him. Rose was there for him just like he was for her. The brunette already knew the type of man her beloved was, and never expected him to display his emotions right away. However, it was different, he was hurting inside, they all were but she couldn't stop thinking about him and the things that were running through his mind.