Happy Valentine's Day

So, this was dedicated to my very good friend, Ellie (her preferred name), who is also GachaEvery. She had made an excellent and far more superior rewrite on her profile and I strongly recommend to read it. An honorable mention goes to Wattreader7389 (I won't reveal his name without his consent) for supporting pretty much everything I do Batman and Steven Universe related. Both of them don't get enough credit, so I just want you to follow them and show them support in whatever way you can.

If you're a newcomer who hasn't read Steven Universe: Arkham Edition, you are going to be so confused and lost if you read this, but I'm not going to force you to read it if you stumbled across this. You can try to piece together what little information is provided to you or just read as some surprises are thrown at you left and right. 

A sequel to this is planned, but not the kind of sequel you think. It's going to be a Chapter 20 rewrite of Arkham Edition, which is much shorter than this. That's pretty much all I have to say. Have fun reading something that's familiar but unfamiliar at the same time. 

3rd Person P.O.V.

Twas February fourteenth, also known as Valentine's Day to the human race. It was another holiday that White Diamond encourages gems on Homeworld to celebrate, because it gives her the opportunity to throw a Ball. Ever since the night Steven had shown up and helped her change for the better, White Diamond has done as much as she could possibly do to be different from her past self.

And she does this by trying to be 'hip' with Steven. The more 'laid-back' and 'cool' White Diamond. But this still doesn't change the public's opinion of her.

They're still scared, but also confused on White Diamond's behavior. Everyone still thinks she's putting on an act to deceive them into thinking she's changed, or just another one of her dramatic mood swings. But not Steven.

Steven can tell that she's changed. However, Steven himself doesn't find much value in Valentine's Day. To him, Valentine's Day is just a holiday for couples to gloss over how much they love each other and treat each other to expensive dinners and gifts.

Or "Pre-National Chocolate Day,' as his father likes to call it. Because the sales of chocolate skyrocket and people buy chocolate like it's a necessity. The real National Chocolate Day is October twenty-eighth.

Still doesn't change the fact that Steven doesn't find meaning or value in Valentine's Day. It's not like Christmas, Thanksgiving or birthday parties where you celebrate it with families and friends, it's just a gimmick holiday, like April Fools and St. Patrick's Day. Was this because Steven is envious of not having a significant other?

No, Steven could find someone to love if he wanted to, but he refuses not to. He doesn't want to drag someone in the crossfire of his enemies trying to kill him. Connie used to be a love interest for Steven, she was nerdy and kind of cute, but Steven lost interest the older he got.

Connie didn't strike him as the type to be his girlfriend. Besides, she's too busy with school to be with him anyway. Steven recalled that he helped her with her relationship with her mother, which is good, because Priyanka was too controlling.

Now Connie's going to be a doctor, just like her mother. If Steven was looking for a significant other, he needs someone to be tough and capable of handling their own, or capable of staying safe during a crisis. The only one who appears to fit his criteria of being his significant other is Moonlight, something he will never share publicly or openly.

Moonlight has made it her life goal to earn Steven's love and approval, even if it means she does it immorally and illegally. Steven remembered a time when Moonlight would stop at nothing until she saw him dead, now she will stop at nothing to make him hers. But then things changed when he had saved her life after they both were plummeting to their death.