Fifteen - Awkward

A/N: This chapter is going to do a lot of switching between POVs so be warned.

FRI 9/26/2003 6:43pm (Josh)

Josh sighed frustratedly. He was so pissed. And the worst part was that he couldn't even describe why he was pissed. He saw it coming. Tyler had never liked him from the start. But just when Josh started to feel like he and Tyler were getting along and starting to become friends... he shook his head. Josh knew this was going to happen at some point. It still kind of hurt, though, to have it actually happen.

He picked up his phone and typed in Brendon's number. "Hey, bro." he said.

"'Sup, Josh?" Brendon answered.

"You and Ryan able to hang out tonight?" Josh asked.

The boy hummed. "Ryan! Josh asked if we could hang out tonight!" he yelled. "He asked where at?"

"Mm. They opened up this really good Italian place up near the theater. We could go there." he suggested.

"He said that new Italian resto near the theater... Shut up, I can say resto if I want to... Don't threaten me with a good time, babe... Oh, whatever... I'm still gonna keep saying resto... Sorry, Josh. Ryan was being an ass- OW! You hoe! He was being an asshole about me saying resto. But he said that he's free. What time you wanna be there?" Brendon said with a minorly aggravated tone.

"7:30 work for y'all?" Josh asked.

Brendon sighed. "I mean, we'd have to be leaving pretty soon if we wanna get there in time. I don't know if you know anythin' 'bout rush hour, but hella people just got off work. Traffic's gonna be sick in the downtown area where the theater is since that new movie just came out." he pointed out uncertainly.

Josh clicked his tongue. "I know a shortcut to the theater that rarely ever has any traffic on it. We'd be at the restaurant by 7:15 if we are quick. It's already 6:48, so we might wanna get a move on." he suggested.

"A'ight, you comin' to pick us up or should I meet with you first?" Brendon asked.

He checked to see if he had his card in his wallet and if the backseat was able to fit Ryan. "I'll come get y'all." he answered.

"A'ight. See ya soon, Josh."

Josh hung up the phone and drove towards Brendon's house, where he and Ryan were at. All of the guys lived relatively close to each other, all of them being no more than a block or two away from each other, except for Emerson who lived in the Far South neighborhood, whereas everyone else lived in South Side. Once he arrived at Brendon's house, he honked the horn and waited for the two boys to come out. Josh looked at his phone again to check the time. It was 6:53. He looked up when he heard Brendon's front door open and then close. He also heard Ryan and Brendon laughing about something. They got in the car, Brendon in the front seat and Ryan in the back.

"Babe, stoooooop, it wasn't that funny." Brendon whined, giving Ryan an offended look.

Ryan only laughed harder. "You literally drank a whole cup of vodka, thinking it was water. You didn't even notice the fact that it was in a glass bottle." he pointed out.

Josh turned onto Thurman Avenue. "Wait, what?" he asked with confusion.

Brendon sighed. "I was telling Ryan this story of how I had my first hangover when I was eight, but he literally died and made a whole big deal about it in front of my mom." he responded.

How the fuck-? "Brendon... that's-" Josh started, snorting his laughter.

The boy simply rolled his eyes. "Can we bring Pete or Jon along instead? I'm sure we can find some place along the side of the road to leave him on." he pleaded.