Catorce (Constant)

I looked at David who has no emotions in his face.

"Atty. David, forgive my husband baka pagod lang sya" sabi ni tita Irene and led them to the dining area, I excused myself to find dad, I saw him in the garden smoking a pipe tabacco.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing" dad said and huffed smoke from his mouth.

"They why are you acting that way? And please stop taking that" I took the tabacco from his fingers.

"Isa sya sa mga lawyers na nakaharap ko regarding sa firing incident sa isa sa lupang hawak ng Araneta properties sa bulacan" dad revealed.

"What!? Firing incident!? Are you crazy!?" Tanong ko.

"Hindi ko order yun! Edi napalayas na ako ng tita Irene mo kung ginawa ko yun!?" He said.

"But I mean paano nangyari!?" Sabi ko.

"You know, let's enjoy the dinner inside let's talk about this later" sabi nito saakin and led me inside.

Fast forward

"So Atty. Silverio? How long have you been a lawyer?" Tita Irene asked.

"I've been a lawyer for five years now" simpleng sagot ni David at ngumiti kay tita.

"Oh ok, how bout you Mina? What do you do?" Tita asked.

"Im an artist po, and my works became a part of many different art galleries all across manila and I also have a few businesses" tugon ni Mina kay tita Irene.

"Oh that's nice, one of these days allow me to see one of your lovely paintings!" Sabi ni tita.

"Of course ma'am! It's a pleasure!" Sabi pa ni Mina.

"How bout you Coleen?" Tita asked.

"I model for a lot of brands ma'am, and I own a mexican resto in bgc" sabi ni Coleen at ngumiti kay mommy.

"Oh please, feel free to call me tita" sabi ni tita Irene.

Fast forward

The dinner just ended and naka alis na sila, atty. David was quiet most of the time and just answered questions simply, the only time I saw him having fun and smiling was the time he was playing with Andy, let's just say Andy boy found a playmate into his tito David.

"So dad ano? How did it happen?" I asked dying to know the real deal.

"Well ayun nga, for God's sake all I instructed to my guards was make them leave, and sabi ko din na wag takutin" sabi pa ni daddy.

"So what happened sa mga farmers?" I asked.

"Umalis sila, but I don't know kung saan sila lumipat" dad said and sighed.

"What did you do to the guards? Did you fire them?" Tanong ko pa.

"No, but sinabihan ko sila na dahil sa ginawa nila ako ang mapapahamak, baka isipin ng mga tao na ako ang nag utos nun" sabi pa ni daddy.

"Hindi malabo yun, lalo na't related ka kayla tita Irene, people will keep bringing back what happened" sabi ko.

"You're right, but as long as alam natin ang totoo hindi dapat tayo pumatol" he said as he hugged me.

David's point of view

Kakagaling lang namin sa bahay nila mr. Araneta, and for the love of God it was awkward, because isa ako sa mga lawyers na nakausap nya tungkol sa firing incident na nangyari, it's my job to help those farmers, kawawa sila kung hindi namin sila tutulungan. And even though I don't agree to their political view or better to say their family, naging respectful nalang din ako.

I dropped Mina off their house and I also went home, me and Mina shares the same father, but we have different mother, im older to Mina by two years which means I am the kuya.

My mom, Clara Rodriguez used to be a model and now an entrepreneur, and my dad Victor Silverio is a well known musician and entrepreneur, many people asked why I didn't follow my parent's footsteps in business or in the industry, that's simply because I had other interest and that's politics, well other than politics just helping the people in need, so when I was about to enter college, I grabbed the chance and took BA Political Science in Ateneo De Manila University, and also took law in Ateneo Law School. Parents didn't want me to enter politics so I became an attorney in Public Attorney Office, and here I am 5 years later still doing the job that I love, im 33 years old no wife, nor kids and it's I like it this way.

Gia's point of view

"Tita? Can we talk?" I knocked in their room.

"Of course dear, about what?" She asked as she opened the door.

"about dad and atty. Silverio" sabi ko and she smiled.

"Ok then, saan mo gusto? Your dad's sleeping already so we can't talk inside" she said as she giggled.

"How about we take a walk sa garden?" I asked her.

"Sure then" she said and we walked there while she interwined her arms to mine.

"So..?" She asked.

"It just bothers me about dad, parang wala lang sakanya yung mga nangyayari, has he always been like that?" I asked.

"No, I remembered when we left the Philippines nung 86' he was worried about everything, it went on for a couple of years until he became like that, nasanay nalang din siguro and im not proud about it. He deserves peace, kasi never once syang nanakit ng tao o gumawa ng ikasasama ng kapwa nya, although I understand atty. Silverio, he has obligations to those people who needs his help. In his eyes naaapi yung mga taong yun kaya kailangan nyang tulungan at ipaglaban" sabi ni tita as she caress my cheeks.

"Behind the guy who's always wearing a suit and tie and always have a intimidating and serious aura is a soft hearted guy and a loving father to his children and a loving husband to his wife..." I realized.

"Mhm, your dad is very soft hearted, he always have been, and always will be. And that makes him special, in my eyes he'll always be the Greggy Araneta who made the impossible possible so that we can be constant. God knows what your dad went through just to be with me, it's like tinalikuran nya halos lahat ng meron sya just for me.