𝘟𝘟𝘐𝘐

I sit on the ground of Dr. Kinbotts office, my head resting on Puglseys shoulder as my eyes stayed fixated on the clock.

"So, who wants to start?" Dr. Kinbott attempts to break the silence which filled the room, though no one even moved a finger. "Maybe we can discuss what it's like having Wednesday and Dahlia away from home?"

"I mean, for me," Pugsley hesitates, looking down at the carpeted floor. "It's been hard not having Wednesday and Dahlia around. I never thought I'd miss being waterboarded so much."

I laugh softly at his words as Mother and Father wear content smiles on their faces.

"Morticia, Gomez." Dr. Kinbott changed the subject, somewhat weirded out. She wore her phony smile as she continued. "How have you been coping?"

"It's been torture for us too."

"Fortunately, my brother Fester's rack fits two people."

Mother grabs a hold of Father's hands, staring into his eyes lovingly. "Nothing like a good stretch to bring out the best in each other."

"Querida mía." Father lowered his head to kiss the top of Mother's hand, repeating this action. Pugsley and I look at each other in disgust as Dr. Kinbott tried to catch their attention once more. Good luck with that.

"Enough!" Wednesday's voice raised, breaking mother and father away from each other. "I think it's high time my parents faced the music"

I watch as she moves to stand in front of everyone, pulling a folder out of her backpack. This never leads to anything good.

"It seems they've been lying to me. Keeping secrets. Murderous secrets that need to be addressed." Wednesday stared our parents down, opening the folder. I stare at the picture of a boy with long hair, the name Garet Gates printed in a big red font right beside it. "Who was Garrett Gates, and why are you accused of murdering him?"

"Woah" Pugsley watches in amusement, a grin on his face. I stare back and forth at my parents then back at Wednesday. My mind was racing trying to wrap my head around it.

"Those charges were dropped. Your father is an innocent man." Mother's voice was stern and direct. As Wednesday stared her down she returned the look only cutting deeper.

"Local sheriff doesn't seem too convinced."

"Wednesday, stop. This is neither the time nor the place." Mother rises from her seat, watching Wednesday with an angry expression.

"Actually" Everyone's attention falls on Dr. Kinbott who sat with her hands resting on her lap. She stood still with a small smile on her face. "This is exactly the place. These sessions are..."

Before Dr. Kinbott can reach the end of her sentence, Mother cuts in. "Doctor. This does not concern you." Mother turns her attention back to Wednesday, moving to stand in front of her. "And I refuse to debate a decades-old witch-hunt with you right now."

"Darling, maybe we should..." Father finally spoke up, though quieted once more as Mother cuts him off just as she did Dr. Kinbott.

"No. This session is over."

"Have it your way, Mother. If you refuse to tell me the truth, I'll just have to excavate it myself" Mother turns on her heel and begins to walk out, father following closely behind her. Once they are out, Wednesday leaves as well, discarding Dr. Kinbott's calls for her.

Both Pugsley and I get up, Pugsley holding a bowl in his hands as he takes a bite out of the contents in it. "Thanks for the candy" He attempts to hand the bowl back to Dr. Kinbott as she had a confused expression on her face.