Chapter 9: Change in heart

Start from the beginning

All this time I cursed him for that he made me dropped out in my last semester and forced me to work in such difficult situation without any skill and knowledge just to made me suffer. But the truth is, he is actually giving my career a headstart? Of course working in such big company in my internship not only help me getting more marks in my finals but also give my job profile a very good impression.

It never crossed my mind that he would went to that extent just to keep an eye on me and made me suffer? No it can't be true, did he hate me that much? Or he just acted all strick and tough infront of me just to make me follow all his orders without uttering a single word? Is this part of his evil plans to harass me? But it seems beneficial for me in a broad picture.

"He really did that?" I couldn't believe it's actually true, it's next to impossible that Mr. Arrogant did such thing.

"Of course Isha, I just wonder why didn't he tell you that yet." She said more to herself than to me. In our state of confusion the door creeks open and I swear I literally felt the air around us became heavy, his mere presence made me so suffocated and uncomfortable. The sound of approaching heavy foot steps fills the air, and I felt tensed suddenly.

"Ah Adi, here you are!" Dadi noticed and in a glimpse his suffocating yet alluring scent invaded my mind as he hugs Dadi just inches away from me. I shifted away a bit realising I can't handle that much closeness. He detached himself and stand right beside me, in a distance more than my liking, as I practically felt the heat radiating from him.

"Adi you didn't tell Isha about her internship and online lectures?" Dadi asked him and it take all in me not to look at him to see his reaction. I'm looking at space while I've focused all my senses to what his reply would be. Suddenly I felt he placed his warm hand in my shoulder which made me literally jump in my place, and my strapless dress do no good as his fingers grazed my bare skin.

I glanced at his hand and the first thing I've noticed is his wedding ring, he is wearing it too, the cold metal give a contrast to his warm hold. I heard him saying something but my mind can't focus in any word, right now my full attention is where our skin connected. This is the first time he touched me so gently, however this is just a pretence but still it gave goosebumps all over my skin. I shaked off the indistinctive thoughts and try to focus on what's he saying.

"....I just wanted to give her surprise as a wedding gift that's all, do you like it baby?"

Baby?

I chocked on air and my head snapped to meet his eyes, a mischievous yet sweet sickening smile plastered on his perfect lips. He give my shoulder a little squeeze and I swear I felt the heat rises to my cheeks and ears, they probably gone bright red. Clearing my throat and broke the eye contact I replied stuttering,

"Yeah, thanks." Unable to gather any thoughts further I choose to keep silent. The whole situation is very uneasy and unexpected for me, and it's getting hard to keep my pretence on infront of grandma.

"Very well. Anyways you brought it what I asked for?" Dadi asked him curiously.

"Of course grandma how can I forget." He said smiling, his whole demeanor flipped 180° infront of Dadi and I'm contemplating what is his actual character, the one he carry all the time or the one he shows infront of Dadi, he is just so bipolar.

"Here." He gave her a red velvet box and from the exterior I realised it's a jewellery box. Dadi opened that excitedly and her eyes sparkle at the sight of whatever is inside. She turned the flat box around me and my eyes widened as they lays on the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen, and I'm pretty sure the shining crystals are diamonds. My trance broke only when Dadi started speaking again.